Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantages, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology. Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: Chief of Party
- Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners.
- The Program Assistant to the office of the Chief of Party will support implementation of the Activity’s tasks through managing program component documents, planning, developing, reviewing and tracking correspondences which will contribute towards strengthening processes that will ensure proper knowledge management of the project deliverables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Chief of Party (COP) in planning and review of program documents
- Coordinate with other program units in report writing for the project deliverables
- Support the dissemination and tracking of all correspondences from the COP’s desk and other program units.
- Assist in the preparation of draft reports, weekly success stories, and other project communications materials
- Ensure that the program activities in the approved workplan are implemented as planned.
- Take meeting notes during stakeholder and staff meetings, manage the online meeting platform
- Coordinate the administrative component of the program units and the COP office
- Liaise with the operations unit to support all the programmatic requirements of the project
- Perform other tasks required by the COP.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or Agro-economics, Social Sciences, and other related fields. Completion of short courses in project management and report writing will be an added advantage.
- It is expected that the ideal candidate will be conversant with ideals in the value chain sectors including government, research institutions, universities and private sector partners. The ideal candidate should have the following experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management and report writing, which should include coordination of program activities of large development projects in Nigeria, preferably those funded by USAID
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal communication)
- High level of fluency in English language
- Knowledge of development projects.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 4th June, 2021.
- However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and WI reserves the right to make an offer prior to the closing date for applications.
- Applicants are thus encouraged to submit their applications at the earliest opportunity.
- Qualified applicants will be contacted by Winrock.