WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Offshore Methods Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Report to: Offshore Method Lead
Offshore Methods Engineer:
- Be responsible for technical integrity and compliance with estimated costs and deadlines throughout the various engineering phases of the project.
- Perform direct engineering tasks to guarantee the quality of the product for methods requirements.
- The Engineer executes the activities within his area of responsibility, ensuring compliance with the QA/QC and HSE requirements.
- Draw up a general engineering schedule as stipulated by the contract to be revised by the Project.
- Identify technical problems and make the necessary technical decisions within the limitations imposed by contractual requirements.
- Draw up definitions and detailed specifications of tasks and sub-tasks or supervise their drafting by other resources if requested.
- Define the materials or services to be purchased for engineering tasks within the allocated resource budget, in conjunction with his direct responsibility.
- Approve all the technical designs necessary for the purchase and/or construction of products to be supplied to the Client.
- Participate in meetings to examine and, if necessary, audit the technical design, and take part in technical examinations with the Client. Cost and scheduling decisions that influence contractual obligations or other functions must be approved by the Project Engineer (if any) and communicated to the Engineering Manager and Project Manager.
- Notify his direct responsibility and the Project Manager of any problems occurring with any other engineering areas.
- Perform all the engineering verifications and calculations necessary to implement the methodology.
- Supervise and verify the drafting describing the methodology to be implemented.
- Summarise and clarify in a manual all methodology activities, clearly identifying the showstoppers (if any). Transfer inside the manual all useful data derived by analyses performed by others.
- Ensure that the operation people on board the vessel receive all useful data in reports, manuals, and drawings.
- Follow-up activities offshore or in any construction place deemed necessary by the project.
- All the above activities could be performed with different levels of deepness for Project or Bid assistance performance.
- Participation to offshore activities with the role of field engineer, when requested both in the yards and offshore during the vessel operation camp
- Be responsible to verify equipment and materials.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.