Guinness Nigeria Plc (GNPLC) is one of the largest listed companies in Nigeria. It produces markets and sells alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in Nigeria. It is a subsidiary of Diageo Plc, the global alcoholic drinks company.
Job Title: Brand Manager – Harp
Type of Job: Full Time
Reports to: Marketing Manager, Lager & Malt Categories
Level: L5 (M1)
To develop the long term strategy and implementation of the annual plan for the Harp Premium Lager and Satzenbrau Trademarks.
Context & Dimensions:
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a strategically important market for Diageo and for the Global Lager Portfolio being one of the most competitive globally.
This role is important to establishing Nigeria as the No 1 beer market globally.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
- Assist and support the Marketing Manager Lager to deliver the AOP growth aspirations in F12 and beyond.
- Develop and execute ambitious recruitment plans for Harp Lager and other brand initiatives to be the market leader in Lager in Nigeria within 24 months.
- Support & inspire the rest of the Brand Teams as well as collaboratively support the GNplc Customer Marketing team ensuring full adherence to DMC and Digital Code of Practice.
- Develop the annual Brand Media Plan for conventional & non-conventional media and development of third party strategic partnerships.
- Lead the development & commercial implementation of annual Game Plan
- University degree in marketing / business or other related discipline preferred though not essential. Postgraduate Qualifications an advantage
- Proven experience of Beer Brand or Spirits Brand Management incl creative development and implementation (min 3-5 years).
- Ability to work under own initiative / pro-active leadership
- Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience (4-6 years)
- Experienced level capability on all Marketing Functional capabilities
- Can demonstrate excellent Commercial judgement & acumen.
- Experience of working on National Activation platforms & understanding of Execution standards required for the demanding consumer.
- Is experienced at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally.
Budget & cost control management
Flexible Working options:
Insufficient Brand Management experience in the Nigerian / Global Beer Markets.