Guinness Nigeria Plc – We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories. Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine.We are continuously interested in talented individuals who want to progress their careers and make a difference to our business.
Diageo is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Retail Development Manager
Reports to: Area Sales Manager (ASM)
- A key contributor to the success of our performance ambition is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & retail trade development.
- The Retail Development Manager (RDM) is the entry level for sales and commercial talent in Guinness Nigeria.
- Working alongside other RDMs and Business Development Managers (BDMs) in a geographical area; the role reports to an Area Sales Manager (ASM).
Purpose of Role
- Supports the business in the achievement of performance objectives through the effective management of a designated sales territory including implementation of all sales activities/programmes in the retail sales territory
- Ensures achievement of the Diageo sales drivers (Quality, Distribution, Visibility, Promotion, Price and Persuasion) at all outlets within territory coverage
- Ensures effective customer/consumer relationship management and business development in trade
- Gain important consumer and trade insights and share with relevant internal teams
- Excellent execution of promotions, ensuring that promotional activity is in the right outlets and well managed
- Responsible for ensuring the retail redistribution standards are adhered to by distributors and Van Sales Men (VSM)
- Accountable for Point of Sale (POS) materials, Chillers, Light signs, etc deployed in retail outlets within sales territory.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate with minimum of 1 year commercial expertise gained in Field Sales or Consumer Marketing
- Understanding of the total alcoholics drinks market
- Brilliant persuasive selling skills
- Good communication skills written and verbal
- High degree of integrity
- Good interpersonal skills
- Geographically mobile – must be ready and willing to work in any location in the country
- Experienced driver with valid license
- Good computer appreciation skills
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and good business acumen.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Essential to spend time in the Field with customers and consumers-essential to stay in touch with the market and the competition
- Unwillingness to flex schedule to align with business hours of retailers and distributors.
- Low level of drive or personal leadership
- Based in a defined geographical area.
- 100 % Field Based
- Some travel to Divisional Office essential.
- Willing to work weekends and late nights
Application Closing Date
13th September, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online