Brunel Energy provides a combination of project management support, project engineering support, construction supervision, third party/vendor inspection and recruitment and selection.
Brunel Energy is currently recruiting an Installation Engineer. Job Number: 24117, Job Location: port Harcourt
- University degree in Engineering (Qualified Professional Engineer)
- 5+ years experience in oil and gas operations / projects.
- Competent understanding of field construction activities.
- Understanding of OIMS requirements.
- Understanding of MPN production facilities.
- Coordinate contractor oversight activities during the execution phase of the project.
- Supports the Project Management team during construction with field and site activities.
- Coordinates the review and approval of Contractors execution phase procedures, (e.g., site mobilization, safety and safety training, QA/QC, site materials management, marine operations, etc.)
- Ensure and participate in quality assurance verification activities and audits in the design office and the field. Provide required technical input to field non-conformance reports (NCR’s) and butt list items during construction and commissioning phases.
- Physically verify that facilities are constructed in accordance with the Job Specification prior to turnover.
- Assist Construction Superintendent with coordination of project construction activities with Operations and Maintenance.
- Develop, progress and resolve construction technical queries.
- Ensure timely development of commissioning and startup procedures.
- Participate in Constructability, Design and Risk Reviews during the project phases.
- Ensure that Constructability, Design and Risk Reviews finding assigned to Construction department are addressed and closed out.
- Ensure the Company supplied materials have been procured, warehoused and delivered. Work with the project materials specialist to ensure all material meet specification and are delivered to the construction sites on time.
- Provide field cost monitoring to the Project Engineer.
- Ensure that permits, regulatory/statuary obligations and notifications are in place before the start of construction.
- In conjunction with Design and Project Engineers, input to the PEP as required.
- Ensure agreed corrective actions are taken and monitor progress to closeout.
- Review, endorse and assist the Project Engineer with Contractor’s change orders during the construction phase of the project to assess their effect on project cost, schedule and risk, and assess whether an MPN change request is required (significant scope change).
- Assist Project Engineer with as-built drawings, project data books, spare parts listings, etc.
- Assist with the field procurement activities as required.
- Review and obtain approvals of all critical lift plans and other engineered construction activities.
- Evaluate the Contractor’s construction planning and scheduling.
- Review/confirm that all Vendor-supplied or prefabricated equipment delivered to the job site meets all specification and inspection requirements prior to installation.
- Coordinate punch listing of systems and ensure timely corrective actions.
- Project Engineer
- Project Design Engineers
- Facilities Engineers
- Construction Manager and Superintendent
- Operations and Maintenance
Moderate, includes construction site visits both onshore and offshore in year round weather conditions.
Offer ends 30th September 2009
Click here to apply online