Marie Stopes International Organization Nigeria (MSN) is a results-orientated non-Governmental organisation Social Enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to meet the needs of the underserved, and dramatically improve access to high quality family planning and other reproductive health services in Nigeria. MSN is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership, which operates in over 42 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your: i. initiative. ii.energy. iii. persistence. iv. results orientation. v. drive. vi. integrity. vii. enthusiasm. viii. commitment to personal development.
To further MSI’s partnership mission of: empowering Individuals to have children by choice not chance.
MSN is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Security and Safety Manager
Reporting to: Operations Director
Duration of contract: 2years (renewable)
Probationary period: 6 months
- The security and Safety Manager is responsible for ensuring safety and security of MSN team members and assets in all locations.
Security Safety and Fleet management
- Establish and update Essential Security Package (ESP) every 6 months e.g. Welcome Pack, Standard Operating Procedures and Special Situation Protocols etc.
- Ensure that MSN premises, vehicles and assets are safe, well prepared in terms of fire safety and free from hazards.
- Ensure a high level of procedural security is in place at all MSN’s premises, including access control, visitor protocols, key management, and appropriate branding
- Implement and maintain vehicle, fleet logistics and movement protocols, including vehicle maintenance, fleet documentation, pre-travel authorization, travel insurance and vehicle and equipment protocols
- Recruit and line manage all security personnel including private guards’ management.
Contextual Awareness and Security-Based Networks:
- Attend and contribute to external security networks.
- Actively develop and maintain security influencer networks with stake holders e.g. religious, tribal and community leaders, government and private security companies.
Security Crises and Incident Reporting:
- Ensure consistent incident reporting from all locations.
- Identify the learning needs of MSN’s employees in relations to safety and security matters
- Develop training packages for MSN employees to enable them to fully understand MSN’s Standard
- Operating Procedures and the appropriate elements of the ESP.
Briefings Debriefings and Information Security
- Develop and deliver security and safety briefings for all visitors and new employees to the MSN programme.
- Appropriately de-brief all employees and visitors involved in any security incident. Including assisting in the identification of psycho-social or other medical requirements and implement resulting actions.
Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to degree level or relevant certifications in relevant field e.g. security and safety.
- 3-5 years practical experience conducting, security assessment, planning and implementation of procedures gained in an NGO or field context
- Experience of developing and delivering training and other leaming and development initiatives in NGO settings
- Experience of developing and maintaining information systems, managing severe incidents in complex environments (e.g. evacuations)
- Experience of DfiD, USAID, EU, or Gates funded projects
- A strong self-drive, excellent leadership skills, ability to build relationships
- Excellent communicator who can build relationships with key external/internal contacts, good written and verbal communications skills, with fluent written and spoken English and the ability to communicate complex information in a straightforward way, including experience of producing information materials.
- Experience in planning and project management skills; including the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and adapting priorities to respond to changing demands
- Proven ability to work independently whilst knowing when to refer for advice.
- Willingness to travel and stay in all parts of Nigeria.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission and goals of MSI.
- Pro MSI philosophy of social enterprise, cost recovery and reproductive rights.
Application Closing Date
27th August, 2013
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications and CV’s (as a single document) to: [email protected] quoting the position & location applied for as the subject of the email e.g. Security and Safety Manager Abuja.
Note: Applications that do not follow this format will not be considered.