Posted on :
12 May, 2011
12 May, 2011
TechnoServe is an international, non-profit economic development organization founded in 1968 out of a conviction that a vibrant private sector is an essential foundation for economic growth and poverty reduction. TechnoServe undertakes targeted, catalytic technical assistance and other programming to increase the competitiveness of entrepreneurs, businesses and industries that in-turn provide sustainable employment, inclusion of the poor and increased incomes. TechnoServe operates in 25 developing countries with over 900 employees.
A substantial portion of our work is in agriculture, enhancing farm productivity and commodity quality and addressing gaps in processing and other agribusiness capacities. Our programs increase smallholder access to new technologies, aggregation and storage mechanisms, markets, critical information and finance. TechnoServe also undertakes structured programs to identify and support high potential entrepreneurs in various sectors through leadership mentoring networks, formalization support, access to capital and development of sustainable business services such as accounting, finance, marketing and human resource management.
Job Title: Program Managers (Multiple), Nigeria
The Program Managers will refine and implement TechnoServe’s strategy for creating jobs and income in Nigeria. Develop, lead and manage programs, including building client business portfolio, ensuring quality control and cost-effectiveness and developing and managing knowledge. Develop and manage program budgets. Represent TechnoServe on relevant advisory bodies. Provide hands-on support to TechnoServe clients in order to grow their businesses and maximize impact on the poor. Identify and secure additional donor funding for TechnoServe programs.
Required Skills and Experience
– 5-10 years of proven private sector strategy and management experience, including in several of the following areas-business development, consulting, training, financial analysis, marketing, business and funding proposal writing
– B.S. or B.A. degree in business administration, economics, marketing or related discipline.
– Excellent client management skills
– Nigerian country experience and networks
– Proven ability to motivate and encourage teams
– Proven program management skills including ability to develop team charters, workplans, and targets and manage against them
– Agribusiness experience preferred
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, salary history and three professional references to:[email protected] Please place “Program Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only those individuals identified as “short-listed candidates” will be contacted.
TechnoServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer