Posted on :
16 Nov, 2009
16 Nov, 2009
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) endowed PROFESSORIAL CHAIR IN PETROLEUM ENGINEERING at the University of Ibadan.
The Chair is aimed at a focal interspecialty research effort characterized by high levels of technical feasibility, adoption viability, social acceptability and environmental sustainability.
The research programme and associated academic activities shall be in consonance with the University’s record of excellence in Petroleum Engineering.
The applicant shall, therefore, state, in clear terms, the vision, mission and logistics of the impact-oriented project attached to the chair.
Applicants must be distinguished University Scholars preferably Professors in any of the areas of Reservoir Engineering, Production Engineering, Drilling Engineering and Petrophysics.
A candidate should possess considerable relevant experience, including demonstrated academic and research leadership and must be a registered engineer.
The selected candidate shall in addition to research, teach relevant courses in Petroleum Engineering at undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as carry out other academic duties as may be assigned by the University.
The Research Areas for the candidate shall comprise:
• Flow Assurance Studies in the Niger Delta particularly Deep Offshore operations
• Advanced 3-Phase Thermodynamic Equilibrium Models in flow Assurance Studies
• Reservoir Characterization of Niger Delta fields and fluids
The candidate shall have experience in research areas enumerated above.
Each application shall be accompanied by a short proposal in the research areas which shall be presented and discussed during the interview.
Conditions of Service:
• The appointment shall be for a three-year-period in the first instance and renewable for another two years, based on performance.
• The conditions of service and salary are as approved for enhanced Professorial Chairs in the University of Ibadan.
• The Chair carries with it necessary funding support for research, conferences, travel, technical and secretarial services among others.
• The occupant will be required to give an annual lecture, publish and disseminate research results and organize major seminars/lectures/symposia.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should forward twenty-five (25) copies of their current Curriculum Vitae, stating phone numbers, Email addresses, age, marital status, qualifications, experience, (teaching, research and publications) to reach the Registrar, University of Ibadan by deadline. Candidates are requested to forward a brief outline of their research proposals along with the applications.
Candidates are also advised to request each of their three referees to forward a confidential report on them, to reach the Registrar before the date of the interview.
Closing Date: 17th December, 2009.