234 Naija is an arts-inclined media production and events management organization that produces top-quality documentaries, entertaining drama series and educational television shows. We are constantly seeking creativity and we give room for young Nigerians to express their talents and develop their skills. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Event Coordinator
- He/ She will manage the whole process from the planning stage, right through to running the actual event and the post-event evaluation.
- The role is very hands-on and often involves working as part of a team.
- You’ll need to visit clients, partners, sponsors, venues and suppliers.
- Plan event from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives;
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers;
- Be in charge of hiring personnel (volunteers, ushers, etc.)
- Lead promotional activities for every event;
- Ensure events are completed smoothly and step up to resolve issues that might occur;
- Analyze the event’s success and prepare reports
- Produce detailed proposals for events (for example, timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets);
- Coordinate all operations, prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Research venues, suppliers and contractors, and then negotiate prices and hire;
- Manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics (venue, catering, travel);
- Liaise with communications and marketing teams to publicize and promote the event;
- Organize facilities for security, first aid, hospitality and the media;
- Make sure that legal, health and safety obligations are followed;
- Oversee the dismantling and removal of the event and clear the venue efficiently;
- Produce post-event evaluation to inform future events;
- Research opportunities for new clients and events.
- Project management skills, knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management, proficiency in MS Office, outstanding communication and negotiation ability, excellent organizational skills, a knack for problem-solving, customer-service orientation and leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Mass Communication or Marketing
- Based in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State
- Experience in event management
- Experience in sales and marketing
- Knowledge of data analysis and research
- Apt in writing proposals and reports
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
Job Title: Cinematographer
- A Cinematographer is a visual psychiatrist, moving an audience through a movie (making them think the way you want them to think, painting pictures in the dark).
- Cinematographers (a.k.a. directors of photography) work alongside directors to give films, TV shows, music videos and television commercials their own unique aesthetic style. Responsible for managing camera crews and lighting crews, they oversee the selection and manipulation of technical equipment to create striking images on screen.
- A cinematographer reads the script and works with the director on how each scene should be filmed.
- Both the cinematographer and the director decide how to achieve the desired outcome by choosing the angles, lighting, framing and movements. They determine the mood of a scene by manipulating the effects.
- Bringing the camera crew together and guiding each crew on how to take each scene. They should be educated on the different aspects of camera operations including filter, lighting and film types. A Cinematographer should be aware of the different ways to approach an effect for them to make suggestions to the director and achieve the desired mood.
- Once the shooting starts, a Cinematographer takes a series of test shots on location to decide which lenses and what kind of lighting should be used. When filming begins, they would make the necessary adjustments. They also screen actors to make sure that they are right for their role.
- A Cinematographer works together with the processing lab to ensure that the film preserves the color and atmosphere that they wanted. The cinematographer also re-evaluates dailies including the first and final turn out of the film. Having a critical eye and being a part of quality control is vital right the way through post production.
- Previous experience as a cinematographer
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 28th March, 2019.