Access Bank Plc is a financial institution with presence in 9 countries in Africa and the United Kingdom and in all major cities in Nigeria. Also referred to as the Africa’s Bank of Best Practice, Access Bank operates on a platform of strong ethics, governance and professionalism. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
Job Type: Full time
- We are seeking an exceptional Database Administrator to join our Infrastructure team. This is a highly technical, hands-on role in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- The successful candidate will have a mixture of deep technical know-how as well as excellent database administrative fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Carryout Database Capacity planning, Review complex SQL codes and provide guidance during deployment of new applications.
- Interface effectively with all areas of IT systems and Infrastructure/Application teams, in order to provide appropriate support and maintenance for the database deployments.
- Put measures in place to ensure integrity of the database is not compromised
- Provide support and guidance for other departments on database related issues.
- Design and implement database backup policies and procedures
- Monitor database sizes against capacity plan and ensure regular health check of database infrastructure as well as performance tuning to ensure continuous availability and optimal performance.
- Ensure all databases operate in compliance with the bank’s security and access policies.
- Respond to internal and external audit queries and ensure remediation of observed vulnerabilities and non-conformities.
- Facilitate root cause analysis on database issues.
- Perform benchmarking analysis to properly size hardware platforms, and maintain technical documentation relating to database management functions.
- A good First Degree in Computer Science/ I.T with sound proficiency in database management. Relevant Master’s degree will be an advantage
- Professional Membership IT certification and other professional qualification will be an added advantage
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good knowledge and proficiency of Oracle Database
- Good knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server database
- Ability to use Oracle data dictionary
- Ability to review and interpret log files, AWR and other diagnostic reports to resolve performance challenges
- Good knowledge of UNIX/Linus and other relevant operating systems
- Good security knowledge
- Ability to research, resolve and document unknown problems.
- Regulatory knowledge.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.