Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PHP & NFI Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
- This position will be based in Monguno, Borno State and will be directly supervised by the Sector Manager – WASH.
- The WASH Public Health Promotion Officer is accountable for the overall implementation of the Public Health Promotion and Non-Food Items distribution of the WASH project.
Task and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the PHP & NFI team members are fully aware of the hygiene promotion strategy and all activities are in line with strategy activities.
- Prepare training tools on relevant technical topics and conduct training for both internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Liaise closely with the WASH Sector manager throughout the planning, design and implementation stages of WASH technical activities.
- Overall supervision of Public Health Promotion and Non-Food Items distribution activities following AAH’s local strategy and International Guidelines.
- In coordination with the Sector Manager, Participate in the development of culturally appropriate IEC materials, conduct pre-test at community level to inform the final design. Disseminate IEC materials alongside hygiene promotion activities. This should be drawn up as a communication plan.
- Work closely with the WASH Engineering team in the implementation of WASH activities especially in the area of community engagement.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree/HND in Public Health, Social Science and other related fields.
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
- At least 2 years relevant working experience in supervising hygiene promotion and community mobilization activities in the humanitarian sector.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and ability to write quality reports.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th September, 2018.
- Advert may close before due date once we receive applications from qualified candidates
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.