ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
AAN is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the following positions below in new Nutrition project (subject to funding):
Job Title: Rapporteur Support Services – Consultant
Project Summary/Job Description
- In 2014, ActionAid Nigeria launched its Country Strategy Paper 2014 – 2018 (CSP) Take Action End Poverty. This strategy was developed against the realities in Nigeria as at 2013. Since then, the country has witnessed tremendous changes in several spheres including security, political landscape, climate issues and the economy.
- This strategy also needs to be aligned to the new ActionAid International AAI strategy 2028. Hence, there is need to develop a new strategy that will reflect the current local and global realities.
- In view of this, AAN is looking for a suitable consultant who will work with the 2017 Strategy Development Committee on documentation.
Responsibilities / Key Deliverables
- The consultant will work closely with the 2017 ActionAid Nigeria Strategy Development Committee to document the proceedings of all meetings; and synchronize reports that will feed into the development of the new strategy.
- S/he will also ensure timely availability of all reports of the committee as well as the following:
- Serve as secretary of the Strategy Development Committee
- Document meetings proceedings – capturing every single detail of meeting proceedings
- Submit meeting reports within 24 hours after the meeting.
- Maintain close communication with the Strategy Drafting Committee and follow ActionAid Nigeria’s administrative rules and procedures.
- The duration of this contract is 4 months (February to June 2017) and the location is ActionAid Nigeria Country office (Abuja).
- The consultant will report to the Country Strategy Paper Development Committee of ActionAid Nigeria through its Chair – Nkechi Ilochi-Omekedo, Women’s Rights Manager who will provide oversight to the consultant and confirm reports satisfactory before monthly payments are made.
The consultant shall be paid daily fees based on number of hours/days work. This will be paid monthly and subject to relevant taxes.
Application Closing Date: 22nd February, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an expression of interest and profile to: Nkechi.IlochiOmekedo@actionaid.org and copy Basirat.Adesina@actionaid.org
Job Title: Social Media/Digital Communications Management – Consultancy
- The Strengthening Citizens’ Engagement with the Electoral Process (SCEEP) is a three-year project funded by the UK Department for International Development (DfID) to promote citizen’s participation and deepen democratic governance in Nigeria.
- In recent elections, the people votes had seldom counted due to the manipulation of the electoral process by politicians. This was largely due to the vulnerability of the system; including the voter registration, accreditation and collation process.
- The participation of women, PWDs and young people in elections in Nigeria have in the past posed varying challenges due to the specific characteristics of these group and factors that undermine their participation. For example women tend to stay away from the electoral process due to the fear of violence, while we do not have a well-developed voting system that takes care of the special needs of PWDs, young people on their own part have not been sufficiently mobilised and educated against the backdrop of their mistrust of the system.
The SCEEP Project
- ActionAid Nigeria and BBC Media Action, with support from the UK Department for International Development (DFID) is implementing the Strengthening Citizens’ Engagement in the Electoral Process (SCEEP) project from 2014 to 2018.
- The project, which is aimed at strengthening the electoral engagement of women, youth and persons with disability is carried out in Kano, Kaduna, Plateau, Lagos, Imo and Akwa Ibom of Nigeria. Some of the project intervention efforts are also executed at national level.
- The project intends to reach 21,680,000 adult Nigerians through its intervention within the 4 years of implementation. It also plans to influence the changes listed below:
- Women, youth and persons living with disability participating and influencing electoral politics
- Target Audiences reporting increases in knowledge of democratic process, the political candidates and their policies.
- Journalists being better trained and more confident in producing responsible political journalism and programmes.
- Media Organisations creating opportunities for political debate, with increased participation from women, youth and people living with disabilities.
- Nigerian electoral system being more inclusive of women, youth and persons living with disability.
- To achieve the grand objective of strengthening citizen’s engagement in governance processes, the project provides for comprehensive engagement on web platforms of the project and other available ones
- ActionAid Nigeria therefore requires the services of an Information technology consultant that will manage content gathering and deploying same for publicity and engagement for the project on web platforms.
- Based on the above, ActionAid Nigeria, as the lead implementing partner for the SCEEP project is interested in procuring the services of an Information and Communications Management organisation.
The following questions are expected to be the key deliverables by the SMM are:
- To Redesign the SCEEP project micro website & Blog Deployment.
- To re-design and manage relevant social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram/Snap Chat) and Social media Groups/Forums.
- To Setup Email Marketing platforms for the SCEEP project correspondence
- To Setup search engine optimization for the SCEEP project
- To manage requisite platform Subscriptions (Mailchimp, Buffer, directories etc.) for SCEEP Campaigns.
- To manage all SCEEP online platforms and campaigns, tweet conferences and Facebook discussions etc.
Additional responsibilities/deliverables for the SMO:
The social media organization shall:
- Attend SCEEP project activities at both national and state levels
- Synthesize online analytics that can help measure social media r
- each such as TweetReach, Google Analytics, Quintly etc
- Work with the SCEEP team to collate information that would contribute to SCEEP quarterly reports.
- Collaborate with the SCEEP team in AAN and the implementing partners in the six states to gather content. (content to be determined by project team and consultant).
- The SCEEP project key management team are situated in FCT Abuja with project sites in six states’ Akwa Ibom, Imo, Lagos, Kano, Kaduna and Plateau.
- The contract is designed to last for a year. SMM team/organisation should be situated in Abuja.
- A robust information engagement strategy and deployment for the SCEEP project.
- Marked improvement in the visibility and engagement with SCEEP project.
- Detailed quarterly report of SCEEP web engagement.
- Profile of organisation is required
- The Social Media Organization to be recruited should have the following experiences;
- A good understanding of web platforms management.
- Proven experience in content gathering and publicizing in social media platforms
- Excellent photography and writing skills
- Driven by expertise, innovation and value addition.
- The Researcher shall be paid quarterly fee for a year.
- A 10% WHT fee will be deducted at each quarterly payment.
- The first quarter fee will be paid on agreement between AAN and the SMO; subsequent quarters will be paid at the end of the quarter.
- The organisation shall submit their reports to the Governance Manager at ActionAid Nigeria, who will provide oversight, confirm reports satisfactory before payments are made.
Application Closing Date: 21st February, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their expressions of interest and CV’s to: Kenneth.Okoineme@actionaid.org
- Applicants should prepare for a brief presentation on how they intend to deliver on the subject matter with the Governance and Procurement team before final selection is made.
Job Title: Programme Advisor, Migration
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reporting to: Manager, Human Security in Conflict and Emergencies (HSCE)
Line Management: None
- The Programme Advisor will coordinate the implementation and effective monitoring of the migration project in Edo and Borno States.
- S/he will provide programme specific support to the various livelihood and conflict initiatives of the project and work as an interface between ActionAid Nigeria and the project implementing partners.
- Assist in the development of, and be responsible for the effective monitoring of Project Objectives and Its implementation.
- Develop systems and manage the process of timely project and other reporting, including following up of internal and external reports and ensuring compliance with Terms of Reference and consultancies.
- Develop and facilitate migration content development & media relations including social media.
- Develop and support research methodologies, baselines and end lines on the project.
- Contribute to the wider development of Migration policy & practices; and lead relationships on these issues with other organisations in the sector.
- Work with the Project Accountant and HSCE Manager for financial planning, monitoring and review of Migration project work.
- Maintain positive external relationships with the relevant donors
- Ensure the annual, monthly and quarterly work plans are developed in accordance with ongoing activities and plans for the year.
- Monitor progress and ensure timely implementation of planned activities, especially those that feed into the work of other staff and partners.
- Facilitate sensitization, mobilisation and advocacy campaigns from the National, State and Local levels.
- Actively take part in the overall policy, programme, procedure and strategy development of AAN in general.
- Facilitate and support relevant capacity needs as identified from Migration project.
- Ensure the implementation of AAN methodologies at the community and states’ level
- Support beneficiaries with capacity building on income generation and conflict management while linking them with duty bearers.
- Develop training modules and facilitate trainings of groups and co-operatives on conflict prevention and management, irregular migration, participatory vulnerability analysis, early warning systems resilience, access to credits and farming techniques
- Support community visits of partner organisations, donor and partners on the project
- Support system strengthening of partner organisational development
- Develop and support reintegration processes for survivals of insurgency
- Provide mentoring support to groups and partner organisations on conflict and livelihood
- Facilitate the setting up of community structures to ensure value for money of physical projects in communities by setting up or strengthening relevant community management structures and ensure their sustainability in very close collaboration with partners
Communication and Reporting:
- Managing external communications including handling queries and issues on a timely and appropriate basis.
- Ensure partner organisations/Associations have a formal internal communication channels in place
- Facilitate communication between partner organisations and units within AAN
- Set up effective communication mechanisms from community to AAN; other partners or other relevant stakeholders including security agents and other MDAs.
- Review partners’ reports and ensure compliance to required formats and timelines
- Work with relevant units to ensure implementation of planned activities
- Ensure adequate and effective documentation of all reports within the unit
- Monitor and support partners to develop financial and accountability systems
- Support partner organisations/Associations in developing periodic/annual plans and budgets
- Review, process and monitor partner organisations’ grants
- Facilitate the financial processes for service providers engaged by the unit
- Actively participate in developing budgets for the migration project in accordance with AA financial guidelines.
- Participate in, or lead where necessary, any programme, procedure or strategy to enhance the goal and objectives of AAN Human Security & Food and Agriculture projects.
- Actively take part in the overall policy, programme, procedures and strategy development of AAN in general.
- Assume any other responsibilities relevant to the position as assigned by line manager
- Active engagement in community mobilization and programming and movement building:
- Internal Relationships: AAN team.
- External Relationships: Partners, Donors, CSOs and relevant government agencies.
- First Degree in Social Sciences or Arts/Humanities.
- Membership of relevant professional Institute.
- Masters’ Degree in relevant.
- At least four years’ post NYSC experience.
- Three years’ experience in the similar position in the development sector
- Experience in community mobilization
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general)
- Experience working on migration and livelihood issues
- Experience working on a conflict project and intervening at community levels
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication & writing skills
- Active presence on social media
- Computer skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Ability to implement data management systems
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Highly numerate
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal skills
- Experience working with youth, women groups and persons with disabilities
- Team player, a person of integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Proven Leadership Qualities
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Self motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Effectively promote the AAN’s mission values, and objectives.
Application Closing Date: 27th February, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letter & Curriculum Vitae in one document and MSWord attachment to: Jobopenings.email@example.com
Click here to download the Application Form (MSWord)
- Only Electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the title of position applied and location for e.g. Programme Advisor, Migration – Abuja.
- While we respect all applicants, Interview date will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.