African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Short Term Staff: Payroll Assistant
Position Number: 50086504
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Employment Type: Full-time
- The (newly created) People and Talent Management Complex (PTVP), will retain overall
- responsibility for attracting, developing, motivating, and retaining a strong complement of
- professionals, support staff and contingent staff to deliver the business of the Bank into the future.
- The PTVP Complex is responsible for ensuring effective systems and controls for people and talent management from talent sourcing to retirement.
- The PTVP Complex is also responsible for the effective administration of the Bank’s benefit plans (medical and staff retirement) and ensuring the financial sustainability of these plans.
The Hiring Department
- The Human Resources Operations, Recruitment & Client Services Department (PTCS) focuses on interfacing directly with staff clients through integrated client services to internal and external stakeholders (through HR Operations, Recruitment and Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partnering, and Staff Engagement initiatives).
- This will help the Bank to achieve its strategic agenda through attraction, development, engagement, motivation, and retention of a best-in-class workforce.
- The Human Resources Operations Division (PTCS.2) is responsible for the administration of the employee lifecycle, management of staff benefits, HR transactional processing, and management of the employee personnel data.
- Additionally, this Division is tasked with ensuring that HR leverages on the capability of technology to not only automate processes but to ensure full benefits by digitizing processes for efficiency.
- The Payroll Assistant will be responsible for executing, supporting and facilitating the various stages of the payroll process and related activities.
Under the Supervision of Principal Payroll Officer, the Payroll Assistant will perform the following:
Payroll Administration and Processing:
- Analyses, verification and loading of payroll inputs from other departments such as FIFC, TCGS, PTCS, PSEC to the SAP system.
- Ensuring accuracy of data in the SAP HR payroll system.
- Execution of the Bank’s payroll run activities including payroll simulations, payroll release, checking of payroll results and correcting payroll data.
- Execution of the posting of payroll result to accounting and budget systems and investigation and regularization of un-posted payroll results.
- Generating and dissemination of salary/benefits-related reports and pay slips for other departments including PTSB, SCO, FIFC, PTCS, staff and Management.
Payroll Accounting, Auditing and Fiduciary Services:
- Analysis and reconciliation of expense and suspense accounts used in payroll accounting schema and benefits.
- Clearing of payroll suspense accounts after payroll posting to Financial Accounting in a timely manner.
- Assistance and support to external and internal auditors in the periodic payroll audit and general Bank audit processes.
- Active participation in the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) testing exercises.
- Provision of support and guidance to other PTCS teams in the personnel cost accounting activities.
- Execution of the Position Budgeting and Control (PBC) program to ensure adequate budgeting and commitments for staff positions.
End-of-Service Calculation and Benefits Payments:
- Calculation of end-of-service benefits for exiting staff.
- Preparation of appropriate journal entries and requesting of payments authorization.
- Payment of authorized benefits in line with bank’s staff rules and other regulations.
- Assisting and guiding staff proceeding on retirement with repatriation benefits and other related inquiries
SAP & HRIS Related Activities:
- Assisting in the design, development and testing of salary and benefits related functionalities on the Employee Self Service System (ESS) and Payroll system.
- Assisting in the design and testing of modifications/changes in SAP system.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 23rd September, 2023.