Alliance Community Hospital, a non-profit hospital that was founded in 1901, is licensed for 204 beds including 68 nursing home/transitional care beds that are found in our attached, long-term care facility, Community Care Center. ACH is fully-accredited by The Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP) and offers a quality medical staff of more than 150 active and covering physicians.
Alliance Community Hospital has many affiliates that provide services to complement our mission. Affiliates include our home medical supply company, DASCO Medical Equipment; Alliance Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice, Family Care Urgent Care Center and several physician group practices.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Hospital Operations Manager
- Run the medical facility with in-depth knowledge of all administrative hospital procedures, from creating work schedules and communicating with doctors to budging and maintaining supplies stock.
- Supervise employees and ensure compliance with policies and regulations. Ultimately, ensure all hospital operations run smoothly.
- Supervise daily administrative operations, monitor expenses and suggest cost-effective alternatives;
- Ensure smooth running of the day to day operations of the hospital;
- Participate in and coordinate the setting of strategic priorities for the direction of the hospital.
- In collaboration with HR, ED, MD/CEO, ensure smooth recruitment and retention of physicians and oversee quality, improvement of processes for efficient delivery of patient care;
- Oversee press relations, public and community affairs, grants management (where applicable), billing, collections, purchasing of equipment and meeting regulatory standards.
- In collaboration with Finance Department (budget, revenue and procurement), create quarterly/ annual budgets for the hospital; set standards, oversight of budgets, create financial and business strategies to assure fiscal viability and health.
- Oversee billing unit in calculating and issuing patient bills;
- Negotiate insurance claims (where applicable);
- Develop/update and implement effective policies for all operational procedures;
- Monitor administrative staff performance;
- Ensure prompt ordering and stocking of medical and other hospital/office supplies;
- Answer inquiries from doctors, nurses and other hospital staff;
- Resolve potential issues with patients;
- Stay up to date with health care regulations;
- Oversee the hiring of the staff and ensure only qualified people are employed;
- Ensure all patient records and kept secured by following the latest technology and laws regarding health information systems;
- Strategize, lead and manage patient medical services;
- Manage patient services and medical resources in accordance with relevant regulations;
- Continually seek ways to improve the hospital’s service delivery;
- Oversee the processes used to store and utilize information in the hospital and find new ways to improve these processes by making sure that information is accessible, relevant, factual and secure for the remainder of its utility.
- Delegate data management responsibilities by overseeing qualified front off staff(s) in the hospital to maintain information integrity; devise the policies and regulations that govern this process, while making sure that records are comprehensive, follow legal regulations and benefit patients;
- Update/maintain the information management frameworks used to secure and control access to patient/employee files and comply;
- Lead the hospital through innovative developments designed to improve the hospital. Analyze how new developments will affect care giving and make sure that the hospital can provide uninterrupted service.
- Manage projects implemented to integrate new initiatives in the hospital into current operations.
- Utilize data resources to analyze current practices and find ways to improve the hospital facility operations, while monitoring and refining procedures to produce the best possible outcomes for patients.
- Oversee human resource activities, create and manage facility ethics programs and allocate resources.
- Develop and oversee institutional financial controls;
- Oversee and hold all departmental heads accountable for defined outcomes concerning these duties;
- Any other task as may be assigned.
Academic and Professional:
- Minimum Requirement: Nursing, BSc Health Care Administration or equivalent, Master’s of Business Administration (MBA), Master’s of Public Health (MPH), Master’s of Health Administration (MHA) and Master’s of Public Administration (MPA) with extensive educational training in healthcare administration are an added advantage.
- 5-8 years relevant experience
Job Title: Pharmacist
- Serve patient by preparing medications; giving pharmacological information to Alliance Hospital multidisciplinary team; monitoring patient drug therapies; oversee functions of pharmacy technicians.
- Prepare medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities
- Dispense medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals;
- Control medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions;
- Complete pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections; ensuring stock levels are at optimal;
- Provide pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of Hospital professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies;
- Develop the hospital staff’s pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs; training pharmacy staff, and health care professionals;
- Comply with federal drug laws as regulated by the pharmaceutical governing board, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections; maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions;
- Protect patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols;
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies;
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Academic and Professional: Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree
- Experience: 3-5 years relevant experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: [email protected] with the job title as the email subject.
Application Deadline 20th November, 2017.