Arik Air – Launched in 2006, Arik Air is West Africa largest airline. Positioned at the commercial hub airport of one of the world’s leading emerging economies, Arik Air currently serves an ever expanding route network of key cities in Nigeria, Africa, Europe and the US. Arik Air boasts a modern fleet of 28 aircraft.
As part of our overall growing strategy, we are seeking experienced individuals to join and expand our team of passionate and dedicated professionals based in Lagos, Nigeria. In exchange we are offering excellent benefits and career development opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Flight Dispatcher
Locations: Los / Abuja
- Flight Dispatcher is a licensed airman whose primary concern is safety by monitoring operational tracking over the entire Arik Air Operation.
The Flight Dispatchers would be expected to interact with amongst others:
- SVP Operations AVP OCC
- Flight deck crew
- Ground personnel at the airport
- Fuel officers
- OCC Manager
- Team Lead Data Centre
- Finance Department
- Airport stations
- All other OCC Staff
- Assist the pilot in command of an aircraft with an emergency situation by providing any assistance necessary to ensure safe completion of the flight.
- Solicit, interpret and maintain current flight and field condition reports to provide flight crews with the latest Operational information.
- Authorize, regulate, control and terminate aircraft flights in accordance with company and governmental regulations and policies to ensure safety.
- Review and evaluate weather information to determine potential flight safety hazards and to select the preferred and most economical route of flight.
- Compute the amount of fuel required, distance of flight, maintenance limitations, weather conditions, and other factors affecting safety of flight using company and FAA established guidelines.
- Prepare flight documentation with information including maximum allowable takeoff and landing weights, weather reports, field conditions, METARs, TAFs, NOTAMs, PIREPs, and other information required for the safe completion of the flight.
- Is authorized by NCAA to delay, divert, or cancel a flight if unsafe conditions pose a threat to the safety of the aircraft, passengers, cargo or flight.
- Monitor weather conditions, aircraft position reports, aeronautical navigation charts and aircraft radio calls to evaluate the progress and safety of the flight.
- Take all necessary steps to ensure a safe and punctual operation in accordance with the Operations Manual
- Share equal and joint responsibility with the pilot in command for the safety and operational control of the flight.
- Advice the pilot in command of significant changes to weather or the flight plan and recommends changes as required for the continued safe operation of the flight.
- And any other duties as assigned by authorized personnel.
- Qualifications / Education: Must have a valid license on Flight Dispatch in line with the Nigerian Civil Aviation Regulations.
- Experience: Must have worked under a qualified dispatcher for a minimum of two years.
- Have knowledge in Operations, Meteorology, Flight Movement and Radio Communications.
- He or She must be able to work independently or as part of a team with minimal supervision, flexible, creative and able to prioritize in a stressful environment.
- Ability to perform in a stressful environment with multiple tasks and critical decision making
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Should possess a working knowledge of how operations control center functions withrelevant dispatch experience.
- He/She should have a sound written and oral communication skills with proven analytical skills.
- Good time management, planning and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of computer based operations tools will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Click here to apply