Posted on :
6 Nov, 2009
6 Nov, 2009
DFID Nigeria (DFIDN) or Deparment for international development in Nigeria is responsible for managing the British Government’s contribution to development in Nigeria, with the Objectives of supporting governments at federal and state level to reduce poverty in order to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). DFID recruits Assistant Facilities Manager
The post holder will undertake a wide range of estate management and office support duties in Abuja, and provide support to the Regional Offices in Lagos, Kano and Enugu,
The key responsibilities of this post are:
• Support to the Facilities Manager in the management of DFID Nigeria’s facilities.
• Lead on implementing DFID Nigeria’s housing policy
• Ensuring the efficient running of the office and residential estate.
• Manage the Transport section. ensuring that the systems required for the effective and efficient management of the transport functions are in place
• Forecast against and monitor budgets for the Estates and Transport Sections
• Provide excellent service to customers.
• Feedback and general advice on the services provided.
• Report monthly on the achievement of the key performance targets specified in the Service level Agreement and any other policies and plans.
• Develop individual and team competence and performance through effective supervision, team building and staff development
You will have the following technical competencies:
• A first degree or a relevant postgraduate qualification in a field such as business administration, accountancy, social sciences or development studies.
• At least 3 years experience in Facilities and Office Management
• Effective customer service skills, excellent oral/written communication skills, excellent numeracy
• Knowledge of Health and Safety issues is desirable
• Good level of competence in using Microsoft Word and Excel
You will demonstrate the following behavioral competencies:
• The ability to demonstrate a range of relevant experience and technical skills including:
Facilities management, effective customer service delivery, procurement and value for money, financial management, compliance with health and safety requirements, team management, and Internal and external communication.
• DFID offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
• A starting salary of N 4,251,183.51 p.a. (Including allowances) gross per annum.
Method of Application:
1. If you are interested in applying for this position please e-mail to obtain the application form and relevant job description; send an email to the respective corresponding email addresses
2. Please state clearly the post you are applying for.
3. Completed application forms should be emailed or sent by hard copy to:
No. 29 Kampala St,
Off Cairo St, Off Adetokunbo Ademola,
Wuse II Abuja.
4. All enquiries should be directed to:
Kimberly Ryan 09-8703188 or
No. 29 Kampala St,
Off Cairo St, Off Adetokunbo Ademola
Wuse II Abuja
DFID is an Equal Opportunities employer. Applications are welcomed from all parts of the community, and the organization actively encourages interest from women, ethnic minority groups and those with disabilities. Selection is on merit. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Under no circumstances will applications be accepted after deadline.
Closing Date: 10th November, 2009.