Banyan Global is a development consulting firm, founded on the principle that integrating expertise and experience from the development community and private sector will achieve a broad and lasting impact. Our unique team comprises seasoned private sector and international development professionals. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., Banyan Global maintains staff around the world. Banyan Global is a women-owned small business. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Expert Consultant – Nigeria (Multiple Positions Available)
Job ID: 2023-1811
- Banyan Global seeks Nigeria-based gender experts (consultants) to provide technical assistance and capacity-building support on select tasks to USAID/Nigeria and Implementing Partners (IPs). This consultancy supports services delivered to USAID/Nigeria under the Gender Integration Technical Assistance (GITA) II Task Order.
- Gender experts will help improve gender integration across sectors including, education, economic growth, peace and democratic governance, and health. The consultant’s contributions will span across the USAID Program Cycle, with a particular focus on activity design and implementation.
- Banyan Global anticipates engaging gender experts between January 2023 – September 2023, with consulting assignments ranging from week-long full-time tasks to long-term part-time tasks.
Consultants will be selected for assignments based on their background and in coordination with requests from USAID/Nigeria. Assignments will include a combination of developing resources/tools and supporting IPs in understanding and applying the new resources/tools. Examples of potential assignments include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Gender-Based Violence (GBV) Prevention and Response Technical Assistance: Provide technical assistance to IPs to identify opportunities for addressing GBV through their programs. Examples may include identifying GBV risks and developing GBV risk mitigation plans, creating GBV strategies, updating workplans to address GBV, mapping GBV services, and developing GBV referral resources.
- Gender Budgeting Guidance: Develop a methodology for IPs to report budget attributions on gender-related issues. Steps of which may include reviewing existing templates and methods, proposing a standard methodology to be tested, and guiding IPs in applying the new methodology.
- Technical Briefs and Learning Sessions on Gender Issues: Develop country-specific learning briefs (up to four pages) on topics of interest such as access to digital technology and mobile services, leadership development and opportunities, and economic empowerment with a gender lens. Design and facilitate interactive and inclusive learning sessions with IPs on the learning brief topics.
- Gender Analysis and Gender Action Plans: Provide guidance and mentorship to IPs in conducting gender analyses and developing action plans for how to respond to findings through program elements including staffing, work-planning, monitoring and evaluation, and partnerships.
Banyan Global is seeking consultants with extensive cross-sectoral gender expertise in Nigeria with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 13 years of experience, or Master’s degree with 10 years of experience in research, policy formulation, program design, or program development experience working on gender issues in Nigeria.
- Strong writing, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Experience developing easy to understand informational materials, such as how-to-guides, templates, briefs, and training modules.
- Skills in facilitation and training delivery.
- Experience in gender-mainstreaming within organizations and/or gender integration within program design. Experience conducting organizational change management initiatives preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and intercultural skills that support productively interfacing with USAID staff, local partners, and Government of Nigeria staff.
- Fluency in English, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with USAID/Nigeria programming and USAID Program Life Cycle strongly preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants must submit their application, including cover letter and resume via the link above is It is highly encouraged that applicants tailor their materials to highlight experiences in the above listed task. Please no phone calls.
- Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Banyan Global is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender expression. We recognize the importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and intentionally strive for diversity and inclusion at all organizational levels.