Baobab Microfinance Bank is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies in at least 15 countries by 2015 that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets Joining later. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Budget Monetary Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Financial Cost Controller
Functional links with: Chief Financial Officer
- Budget Monetary Manager is responsible in perform planning٫ evaluation٫ design and implementation of the company’s budget.
- Your duties will also include reviewing budget proposals٫ making reports and preparing all kinds of related documentation.
- We expect you to possess high analytical and mathematical skills and to be able to present complex financial data.
- You need to have critical thinking to successfully create financial forecasts and make proper decisions about our company budget.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyze company’s financial information (such as cash management٫ expenditures٫ and revenues) making sure that company’s financial operations do not exceed budget limits.
- Review budget suggestions and requests.
- Review completed budgets for compliance with legal regulations.
- Design and present budget-models٫ including department-level and enterprise-level ones
- Design effective budgeting policies and procedures٫ and manage their implementation.
- Develop suggestions on spending to optimize the resulting budget.
- Compare company’s estimated financial results with the actual ones at the end of each reporting period and analyze the differences.
- Make sure company’s departments meet their budget submission deadlines.
- Present yearly budget results to company’s executives and top managers.
- Make forecasts about budget needs for future accounting periods.
- Have a B.Sc or M.Sc Degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant areas.
- 5+ years’ experience of working on a Budget Manager or Budget Analyst position.
- Good practical experience with financial٫ accounting and statistical software.
- Good knowledge of MS Excel including advanced tools and formulas٫ complex tables and charts
- Profound experience of using forecasting and data analytics methods.
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with best practices and regulations in accounting and financial areas.
- Ability to present budget and fiscal data in clear and comprehensive manner.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 23rd November, 2021.