Bloomsford Associates Consultant – Our client, an International School is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- To ensure the safeguarding of students and make a significant contribution to their efforts to both “enjoy and achieve.”
- Daily support is necessary in overseeing the daily management of student’s medical needs, such as checking blood sugar levels and the use of insulin injections.
- Administering of medication and overseeing of medical needs (e.g. Cystic Fibrosis) over and beyond first aid.
- To lead on whole school First Aid provision – acting as main First Aider and coordinating support from other First Aiders; to have overview of First Aid training and ensure all are up-to-date with relevant training.
- To lead on risk assessments for students with medical care requirements within school and for off-site activities and residentials, including the training for staff.
- To oversee the administration, storage, disposal and record keeping of medication as cited in the Supporting Students with Medial Needs Policy.
- To maintain records of student health concerns and train staff as appropriate (e.g. use of epi-pen, procedures for asthma attack etc.)
- To actively promote good practice as stated within the Supporting Students with Medical Needs Policy.
- To support the Designated Teacher for Child Protection – attend some Child Protection meetings; act as a point of referral in the absence of the Designated Teacher; support students with self-harm issues.
- Work with students with health concerns – support to ensure appropriate attendance at lessons and continuance with learning.
- To coordinate visits from the School Nurse Team to administer student vaccinations.
- To assist students as necessary, with personal hygiene routines, including toilet training, changing of incontinent/sick children.
- Providing assistance with the physical needs of students requiring this type of support.
- Work with parents of students with health concerns – to ensure maximum student participation as appropriate.
- Supervision / First Aid responsibility during social times.
- School Medical Officer / Lead First Aider (May 2018) 2 Health & Safety Administration
Qualifications / Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience.
- A Nursing Qualification is desirable, though not essential.
- Advanced First Aid Qualification.
- A First Aid at Work Qualification.
- DBS clearance (will be obtained by the school, if appointed).
- Previous experience of working in a school environment, is desirable.
- Aptitude or experience of working with ICT, including SIMS. Skills
- Administrative and organisational skills.
- Empathy and the ability to work with pupils.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and to use discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
- Ability to deal in a professional manner with all internal and external contacts. Personal Attributes: Motivated, enthusiastic, flexible, friendly and helpful.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Health Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 6th August, 2021.