Boomplay (formally known as Boom Player) is a music and video streaming & download service developed and owned by Transsnet Music Limited. Boomplay’s vision is to build the largest and most reliable digital music ecosystem for artists and content creators in Africa. The Boomplay app which won the “Best African App” at the 2017 “Apps Africa Awards” has over 68 million users as at January, 2020. It is currently the biggest and fastest growing music app in Africa with a catalogue of 20 million songs and videos which is still growing day by day. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Artist Media Relations Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting Line: Director of Artist and Media Relations.
- This role acts as the liaison between the company and its content providers to develop and maintain artists’ promotions, interests and collaborations with the company.
- Manage the development and execution of content promotion campaigns and strategy for a diverse roster of artistes.
- Support and educate partners on Boomplay’s tools and resources available to inspire and improve their daily business.
- Organizing and managing the artist’s company initiated promotion, media, management, publicity
- Act as a direct line between the artist and the company, responsible for communicating feedback and decisions between the two groups and maintaining the artist’s interest in the company.
- Stay in constant communication with the artist, determine and solve possible conflicts or problems between the artist and the company
- Planning online and offline promotional events for concerts, tours, fan hangouts and artist’s upcoming releases and arranging interviews and exposures in media.
- Develop, build and manage database of music industry contacts to strengthen on-going relationships with the company while utilizing the company’s existing consistent database
- Responsible for a variety of administrative tasks including sending birthday cards, cakes, holiday cards, invitations, etc.
- Participate in creative planning to ensure a continuous flow of content surrounding each artist.
- Participate in developing and implementing methodologies and strategies that help
- Boomplay be an outstanding partner to artists, labels and all cps
- Align with artist and management for campaign updates and communicate goals and plans for each release.
- Collaborate across teams to formulate and implement digital plans, social media rollouts, offline and in-app campaigns.
- Coordinate with other departments in the company and the artist’s team in pursuit of their goals
- Create weekly content promotions reports and communicate updates to all team members.
- Research and evaluate industry landscape and market trends to identify new and innovative exposure and artist-company collaboration opportunities.
Education, Degree and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music, English, Communications, Marketing or a related discipline.
- 2 – 5 years working experience in music, media or any other entertainment outfit
Skills and Requirements:
- Must have excellent interpersonal, negotiation and public relations skills.
- Must possess analytical and problem-solving skills, and a genuine love for and knowledge of the music industry and business.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that display organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Have a full understanding of artist needs and media relationships
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
- Possess the ability to keep information confidential
- Proven working experience in record label required.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 30th September, 2023.