Breakthrough Action-Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: BA Nigeria Media Monitor Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
- Core to this package of work will be to oversee the buying of broadcast media airtime and closely work with BA’s media partners and Broadcast monitors to ensure strict broadcast compliance on all BA’s media contents, especially Radio and Television spots.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiating and purchasing airtime from broadcasters in all BA states
- Generating relationship with new media partners (where possible);
- Working with Media team to negotiate for transmission/broadcast time for all BA’s programmes
- Keeping good records of all BA’s media contents and their broadcast status.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
- Maintaining weekly and monthly monitoring report of all BA spots and programmes in radio and TV stations in all BA states
- Updating all monitoring information/feedback
- Liaising with HQ on purchasing contracts and payment of vendors
- Providing weekly update on programmes and send to Line manager
- Maintaining regular and ongoing communications with media and non-media partners, keeping them up to date on relevant broadcast developments and reflecting their feedback back to organization.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities at this time. With project expansion this status may change over time.
Requirements, Education and/or Experience
- HND or Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years’ experience of working with the Media, Production and Public Relations agency.
- Mentoring, training and developing staff.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and at least one other Nigerian language
- Ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and work effectively with a diverse range of people
- Proven organizational, communication and interpersonal skills and be well versed in the use of the computer.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, take initiative and make sound judgment while maintaining a team players spirit.
- Ability to multitask and deliver promptly.
- Strong understanding of the role of communications in development organization.
- Must be fluent in English, and given the geographic focus of the project, Hausa and/or Igbo is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters (including the below) and CV’s as one PDF document to: [email protected] The subject line of your email should be – “BA Media Monitor Specialist” only.
Please follow all the instructions Exactly. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions Exactly will be discarded without review:
- Your cover letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: CHINEDU OGUAGHAMBA).
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation.
Application Deadline 12th June, 2018.
- Language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to provide Industry certifications