British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago.
Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trade Marketing Representative
Job Number: 25755
Function: Marketing & Sales
Appointment Type: Permanent
- British American Tobacco is looking to hire wonderful colleagues to join us as Trade Marketing Representatives across Nigeria.
- Our trade marketing account representatives manage the tobacco business for a collection of accounts in a geographical area, implementing corporate plans, negotiating strategies and meeting business objectives.
- Join us and you’ll act as a strategic partner to retailers, giving them expert advice and knowledge on products, pricing and a variety of other areas. Show us you’ve got what it takes to succeed, and you’ll find plenty of challenges, opportunity and the support you need. As well as fantastic benefits, we’ll invest in your learning and development and give you continuous feedback and coaching to help you meet your full potential.
- Own performance across your territory and maintain strong retailer relationships
- Plan visits, go to retailers, build strong business relationships, answer their questions, issues and concerns, and monitor contract compliance
- Implement cycle and regional/district activities to achieve national, regional, and district-level objectives
- Provide data and maintain accurate records on competitor’s activities, sales and distribution performance in order to guarantee that Area Manager is fully informed at all times
- Manage all assigned funds, materials and equipment in a secure and efficient manner in order to maximize the use of organization assets
- Engage local government officials, transport/ traffic agencies and other stakeholders to avoid disruption of BAT operations in the defined territory
- Improve the company’s corporate image by operating at the highest business ethics, environmental, health and safety standards
- Work on special projects with a team of trade marketing account representatives
- Execute basic TM&D (Trade Marketing and Distribution) activities in the outlets located within the territory in order to meet company objectives as described in the cycle plan (visibility, availability, freshness, consumer contacting etc.)
- Develop and adhere to a well-defined work programme and route plan as agreed with Area Manager
- Achieve volume and distribution targets through direct selling (Top-up stock) and monitoring of van sales
- Ensure attendance of all approved training programmes and show visible application of acquired knowledge
- Ensure objectives in terms of availability, visibility, volume, stock quality and RRP -Recommended Retail Price compliance of products, are achieved for the territory
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date detailed database of all customers (including phone numbers and home addresses)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field, with excellent sales, marketing and negotiation skills
- Maximum of 4 years of experience in a marketing or a related function such as sales
- Ability to create close working relationships with a wide variety of trade partners
- Advanced & Intermediate knowledge of any local dialect in Nigeria would constitute an advantage
- Availability to travel extensively across the assigned territory to meet a wide variety of trade partners.
- Valid driver’s license
- Focus on results, strategic thinking and strong business acumen
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Package
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply