Posted on :
26 Jan, 2011
26 Jan, 2011
The Crane Operator is responsible for the safe operation and deployment of all lifts on to and off the vessel and for ensuring that all operations are carried out in accordance with standard procedures, and in a safe and efficient manner.
2. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Acergy.
· Safe operation of the ship’s crane(s) in accordance with Acergy procedures for Lifting Equipment and Operation on Barges, Ships and Yards, and in accordance with the crane manufacturer’s operating instructions
· Ensure that all personnel directing crane operations are aware of their personal responsibilities with regard to their work in a safe manner.
· Complete regular safety tours of the cranes and implement any actions as necessary to maintain the work place in a safe manner.
· Be aware at all times of the loads involved and limitations of the rigging being used.
· Ensure that at no times is the crane lifting any load beyond the SWL of the weakest link in any rigging arrangement attached to the hook and that such rigging is correctly certified.
· Maintenance of the cranes and associated equipment including blocks and wires as directed by the Chief Engineer or Technical Superintendent.
· Take part in the loading/discharging/deployment of equipment onto and from the vessel, as directed by the Deck Foreman or qualified Banksman, in compliance with the Masters/Chief Officer’s instructions.
· Progress the workscope as directed in accordance with the relevant Task Plans and Procedures.
· Assist the Deck Foreman or his deputy as directed.
· Operate within Code of Business Conduct
· Responsible for the overall health, safety and welfare of self and colleagues and subordinates where applicable.
· To manage all behaviours in compliance with HSEQ requirements.
· Proactive participation in project safety briefings, HIRAs and tool box talks.
· To use and maintain all controls, standards and procedures for the protection of self, colleagues and the environment.
· Actively report all undesired events and safety observations using the Safety Observation system and Undesired Events Report system.
· Actively report non-conformances using the Non-Conformance Report (NCR) system.
· Actively report and manage any unsafe act, condition or procedure or environmental unsafe acts and conditions to the Chief Officer so that action can be taken to manage or minimise any and all risk.
4. KEY RELATIONSHIPS/ STAKEHOLDERS
· Those necessary to comply with this role profile
· Deck Foreman
· Technical Superintendent (where applicable)
· Field Engineer for project related engineering procedures and task plans.
Professional qualification in an appropriate discipline
Recognised Rigging Certificate
Recognised Crane Operator Stage 2 certificate
Valid offshore medical course suitable for geographical area of work
Valid offshore survival course suitable for geographical area of work
Attendance at PASS school induction and other company familiarisation prior to mobilisation Compliance with the Acergy Competence Assurance Assessment Programme (CAAP)
Opened to Nigerians only