BUA Cement Plc is the result of a merger between CCNN Plc and Obu Cement Company Plc (formerly Obu Cement Company Limited). Cement Company of Northern Nigeria (CCNN) was incorporated in 1962 and commenced operations in 1967, with an installed capacity of 100,000 mtpa at Kalambaina, Sokoto State. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inventory & Cost Controller
Reporting to: Finance Director
Internally Relates With: Finance & Inventory department staff
Externally Relates with: Internal and External auditor(s)
- To generate accurate and relevant cost and inventory valuation data with variance reporting for the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate and independent record keeping of consumption of production materials.
- Maintain up to date record of strategic inventory according best practice with 100% assurance on reliability of records and data.
- Ensure daily/ weekly and monthly reconciliation of inventory items in Inventory module and Finance module.
- Assist in generating relevant data and reports for month end and year end closing for quarry operation, material consumption and intake and also coordinate that they are accurate.
- Coordinate and supervise periodic physical stock taking activities with other stakeholders departments like process unit, inventory unit and finance unit.
- Set up process to validate the accuracy of all internally generated reports across all units.
- Assist in monitoring and ensuring adequate controls over financial administration, expenditures and asset management across department.
Requirements / Key Competencies
- Minimum of 2nd Class lower B.Sc / HND in Finance, Statistics or Accounting from a recognized institution.
- Four years ICAN/ANAN post qualification is an added advantage.
- Proof of past experience in inventory management of a manufacturing company is an advantage.
- 6 year relevant accounting/booking keeping/manufacturing and financial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting package preferred.
- Good knowledge of record keeping, and document management also required.
- Good MS Office apps knowledge and user.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send their updated CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 1st August, 2023.