BUA Cement Plc is the result of a merger between CCNN Plc and Obu Cement Company Plc (formerly Obu Cement Company Limited). Cement Company of Northern Nigeria (CCNN) was incorporated in 1962 and commenced operations in 1967, with an installed capacity of 100,000 mtpa at Kalambaina, Sokoto State. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax, Transfer Pricing and Regulatory Manager
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Job Level: Senior Manager
- The successful applicant will be responsible for managing and overseeing the social development aspects of BUA’s Sokoto Plant operations.
- This will include, but not be limited to; stakeholder engagement and interaction, oversight and management of community development initiatives, management and monitoring of resettlement activities, livelihood monitoring, community health and safety, and grievance management.
- The social performance specialist will report directly to BUAs Health, Safety, Environment and Community (HSEC) Director to ensure a consistent and considered management approach is implemented across the environmental, health, safety, and community areas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Effect tax compliance functions and accrual reviews covering company income tax/education tax, withholding tax, value added tax and personal income tax, and any other taxes;
- Transfer pricing compliance in respect of related party transactions;
- Effective review and reconciliation of general ledger entries for tax implications, providing corrective and improvement measures;
- Income tax accounting reviews covering deferred tax reporting and effective tax rate reconciliations/optimization
- Management of relationships between the company and tax authorities and consultants, supervising all tax audits;
- Ensure the company is kept abreast of all tax regulations and new promulgation/enactments, and advise accordingly
- Provision of relevant tax trainings to the tax/finance team based on training needs and implementation of new tax enactments
- Provide tax advisory functions on strategic and operational transactions involving the company such as mergers, bond issues, share/asset acquisitions and sale, restructurings, etc.
- Review contracts/agreements to identify tax inefficiencies embedded therein;
- Review asset schedules and documentation relating to fixed asset additions for purposes of obtaining the Certificate of Acceptance of Fixed Asset (CAFA) and managing relationships with the CAFA consultant
Requirements / Key Competencies
- B.Sc. / HND in Accounting or Finance and related courses from a recognized university/ institution;
- Excellent leadership and communication skills across a large public company;
- Integrity and sound judgement in all decisions and interactions aligned with core company values, policies and external regulations; and
- Ability to identify strategic tax opportunities and optimize taxes.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PP).
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) and member of a professional accounting body (ICAN/ACCA) is required;
- Must have 8-10 years relevant and verifiable experience in taxation within an industry preferably with manufacturing, or from a Big 4 audit firm (Taxes).
- Technical expertise in relevant tax laws and regulations; tax policy, procedures, strategies, transfer pricing norms and tax audit defense processes;
- Excellent English and writing skills
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 1st August, 2023.