College of Education, Ikere-Ekiti was established initially as the defunct Ondo State College of Education, Ikere-Ekiti on December 5, 1977 and as the premier institution of the State. The College runs well-structured academic programmes strategically designed to expose students to contemporary formal and informal training as well as acquisition of skills and knowledge in areas pertinent to their fields of study.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: College Librarian
- The College Librarian shall be a fill-time officer and shall be responsible to the Provost for the day to day administration and coordination of the College library services.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must possess a good honours Degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division and a Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science or related field from a recognized Institution(s)
- Candidate must be a Chartered Librarian and possession of a Ph.D in Library Information Science will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must also have at least fifteen (15) years continuous experience in an academic library
- A strong proof of continuing research with appreciable evidence of scholarly publications both in quality and quantity in reputable international and national Journals is required
- Candidate must be able to provide academic and administrative leadership.
- The candidate must have spent at least three (3) years as a Deputy College Librarian.
- The appointment is for a term of five (5) years, renewable for another five (5) years subject to satisfactory performance as may be determined by the Governing Council of College of Education, Ikere-Ekiti.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
- The person appointed shall be placed on Consolidated Salary Scale and shall enjoy other conditions of service applicable to the position of a Principal Officer of the College.
Application Closing Date
29th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit thirty (30) copies of their Application and credentials as well as their detailed Curriculum Vitae in hard and soft copies indicating:
- Full Name (Surname first);
- Place and Date of Birth;
- Nationality (if Nigerian, indicate State of Origin);
- Marital Status;
- Number and Dates of Birth of Children;
- Current Employment and Salary;
- Current Contact Address (including telephone no and e-mail address);
- Permanent Home Address;
- Educational Institutions Attended with dates;
- Academic and/or Professional Qualifications with dates;
- Work Experience with dates
- Details of area of specialization and sub-specialization
- Any Other Relevant Information;
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees who are competent to attest to their academic/professional and personal abilities.
Applications with supporting documents are to be submitted under confidential cover, with the envelope marked “POST OF COLLEGE LIBRARIAN”, sealed and addressed to: The Registrar, College of Education, P.M.B. 250, Ikere-Ekiti. Ekiti State. Note
- Candidates should request their referees to forward their reports directly to the Registrar.
- Only shortlisted applicants shall be acknowledged and invited for interview.