The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football.
The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of IT
Head of IT who can contribute to CAF’s overall success by handling the following duties:
- Setting the mission and vision of the IT organization to ensure realization of business objectives
- Partnering with senior business leaders ensuring alignment of the IT strategy with the business needs and facilitating its delivery
- Defining the strategy and steering the implementation of the full landscape of IT services and solutions for CAF competitions and events
- Provides direction on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems.
- Establishing relationships and creating synergies across the organization to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions
- Providing strategic leadership and direct management for CAF’s IT organization, as well as planning and developing the annual IT budget, ensuring consistency with overall strategic objectives
- Driving the development of technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure that IT delivers value to CAF
- Determining long-term organization-wide technology needs and developing strategies to respond to them
- Ensuring adequate quality of IT services delivered to CAF in all IT areas, including IT Strategy, IT Governance, Business Relationship Management/Demand Management, Events IT, Infrastructure & Operations, Applications Development and Support, Information Security etc.
- Driving innovation and creative solutions to business challenges as well as ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational solutions and services
- Master’s degree or similar higher education, in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- 15+ years overall IT experience and a minimum of 7 years of progressive experience leading multi-discipline IT teams of significant size
- Strong business acumen and understanding of how to apply current and emerging technologies to business problems
- Experience leading the reorganization and transformation of an IT organization; proven ability to take IT to the next level
- Excellent knowledge of IT concepts, technologies, infrastructures and systems
- Proven record in building, leading and motivating a multi-discipline IT team
- Solid understanding of budgeting and procurement management
- Professional certifications in the area of IT governance and project management (e.g. CGEIT, PMP, etc.)
- Strategic thinking, ability to see the big picture and to innovate
- Ability to translate strategic plans into specific objectives, and to create and execute plans to achieve objectives
- Ability to build an organization staffed with the right people in the right roles
- Critical thinking and planning at strategical level
- Fluent in English and/or Arabic and French
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 7th February, 2020.
Note: Only applications matching the requirements listed above will be considered”