Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well regarded by competitors arid partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: LGEA Access Coordinator – Northern Education Initiative Plus
- The Northern Education Initiative Plus project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northem Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
- The LGEA Access Coordinator will provide technical Assistance and guidance on the expansion of access-related activities, including risk reduction and safety, gender based violence, equitable education services, education and conflict analysis, non-formal education, well-being and psychosocial support and ensuring activities are conflict-sensitive and do no harm.
- The position will be based at the respective Local Government Education office.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position is housed in Ganjuwa LGEA in Bauchi, Nigeria, reporting to the Access & Fragility Officer.
- Assist in analyzing and addressing barriers to educational access and participation;
- Participate in analysis and assessment of education needs in emergencies;
- Liaise with LGEA government and NGO partners to address barriers to access to education both formal and
- Liaise with non-formal education as well as Islamic Education centres to improve access to education for
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Masters degree with at least one year (or Bachelors with at least 3 years) of relevant experience in education development, with familiarity working in local governmental systems in Nigeria
- Prior experience providing training and capacity building to staff and counterparts in areas of participatory planning
- Undergraduate degree in Education, Public Administration or related field;
- Fluency in English and Hausa required.
Application Closing Date
31th May, 2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send comprehensive Resume with a brief Cover Letter as ONE MS Word document or PDF to: [email protected]
- Only finalists will be, please contacted. No phone calls.
- Creative Associates International Inc. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.