Posted on :
23 Mar, 2012
23 Mar, 2012
ThoughtWorks isn’t your average company, so we don’t hire average people. From a technology perspective, ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. ThoughtWorks is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and our people provide thought leadership to key Microsoft initiatives such as the Patterns and Practices effort. Most recently we’re becoming famous for the work we’re doing with alternative .net languages like IronRuby, Iron Python, F# and Ioke.
We’ve also been at the forefront of innovation on the Java platform, and have pioneered the use of techniques such as Inversion of Control and Domain Specific Languages. We’ve made significant contributions to the Java Open Source community via projects such as CruiseControl, XStream and Selenium. We champion Ruby on Rails and ThoughtWorks is already the natural home for some of the world’s leading Ruby developers.
By joining ThoughtWorks, you become part of a community.
ThoughtWorkers are a passionate, diverse bunch. People join because they get to talk to the people who wrote the books that influenced them (and often get invited to help review or contribute to the author’s next one) and work with the people who wrote the tools they couldn’t get their previous company to use.
We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you’ll be flexible about travel, and willing to travel as part of your role. We are a global company, and you’ll be happiest if you’re also open to working in other countries. With offices in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, India, UK, USA, and Singapore, and our South African office imminent, the possibilities are profound.
We’re looking for developers who have broad experience in C#/.NET, Java, Ruby and/or mobile technologies; polyglot programmers are especially welcome.
Our strongest candidates will likely have:
• Development and delivery experience with .NET, Java, Ruby on Rails and/or mobile technologies
• Hands-on experience in analysis, design, coding and implementation of complex, custom-built applications
• Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
• Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
• Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Knowledge of software best practices, like test-driven development and continuous integration
• Experience of working in a forward-thinking, OSS-centric environment
We’re seeking individuals with a creative approach to problem-solving and a track record of technical innovation balanced with skillful execution. If you relish the idea of being part of a community that extends beyond the work we do for our customers, you may find ThoughtWorks is the right place for you.
Send your resume TODAY to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 27/03/2012