EM-ONE Energy Solutions Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of EM-ONE Energy Solutions Canada Inc. focused on sustainable energy and electricity infrastructure in Africa.
We are driven by the fundamental belief that technology and innovation lie at the heart of providing economically and environmentally sustainable power solutions to the world’s emerging markets. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Operations Manager
- Reporting to the CEO, the Business Operations Manager is responsible for leading the execution of EM-ONE’s strategic and operational priorities; developing and implementing processes that are consistent with the EM-ONE’s mission, objectives, and policies.
- EM-ONE is a dynamic company undergoing a period of positive growth. The ideal candidate is one who demonstrates effective leadership, understanding of process development and implementation, fiscal discipline, compliance and controls, real-time business performance monitoring and attainment of cross-functional synergies. The position is based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- EM-ONE’s Business Operations Team leads the day to day operations and delivers on strategy and operational plans from the planning process against the strategic vision of EM-ONE.
- They are responsible for building the framework for the analysis behind company-wide strategic decisions related to all functions.
- They are also responsible for managing the centralized repository of processes and improving processes to minimize complexities and optimize them to promote effective operations.
- They design, manage and deliver executive level reporting, including status reports to manage risks and issues and improve cross-functional team communication and collaboration, among other things.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Developing business cases, conducting feasibility studies and completing cost benefit analysis reports on a project by project basis
- Actively participating and leading the roll-out of systems and technology to enhance the team’s effectiveness and improve overall efficiency;
- Participate in contract management activities including contracts review sessions and contributing to contract evaluation
- Work closely with the CEO in longer-term planning; recommending business workflow and resource improvement as it relates to operational efficiencies and implementing these initiatives
- Develop, evaluate and ensure that operational systems, processes, infrastructure, and policies for the company are effective, efficient and fit-for-purpose
- Work with functional teams and other members of the business operations team to identify strategic opportunities or gaps in the business using real-time business metrics and data
- Oversee the implementation of the company’s HR strategy to ensure the effective recruitment, retention and continuing development of an engaged and high performing workforce – evaluating staff KPIs
- Provide financial input for all business decisions, completing financial analysis and modelling to a high standard with a focus on decision support
- Manage the project/portfolio cash flow, working closely with project finances to meet milestones to draw on construction financing
- Consolidate financial performance and budgets from all business lines and corresponding presentation format
- University degree from a reputable educational institution
- An advanced business degree such as an MBA is preferred
- Prior experience working in an engineering or technology firm is preferred
- 5 years of relevant work experience (e.g. Strategy & business process management, financial management, operations management, business analytics etc.)
- Advance MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
Competencies Required (Knowledge, Skills and Attributes):
- Corporate financial management
- Project management
- Risk management
- Operations and strategy management
- Networking and relationship building
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to communicate the vision of the company across all levels
- Passionate about technology and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated strategic leadership, planning and change management skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement processes across an organizations’ business units
- Expert analytical and problem-solving skills
- Business planning and performance measurement
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume with a Cover Letter to: [email protected] indicating “Business Operations Manager” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2019.
Note: Only resumes with a cover letter will be considered.