FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Loan Collections Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Department: Collections (Tele Sales)
About the Job:
- We are currently looking for passionate individuals who have a flair for debit recovery to join a fast growing team in Lagos.
- You will be working as our Loan Recovery Agent in our Lending team. You will be based in Lagos and working with our other Customer Success representatives, as well as our other teams based in Paris & India.
- Your mission is to support the business while we continue to be the #1 choice for digital lending in Nigeria.
- You will do this by ensuring that customers with delinquent loans are contacted, negotiate overdue payments and carry out necessary actions that initiates recovery.
- We also need a folk who is going to help improve the team’s overall collections rate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Your mission will be to:
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments
- Follow up with customers for all outstanding payments and identify problematic accounts. Ensures Non-Performing Loans are followed up and monitored diligently.
- Responsible for communicating with delinquent borrowers, establishing and developing effective payment plans with the delinquent borrowers.
- Listen actively to customers and ensure conversation is collection driven.
- Advise customers on their payment options and best methods of payment.
- Properly document information from the conversation.
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues
- 2 years and above experience in microfinance operations directly dealing with delinquent clients and other problem-solving situations.
- Apt in negotiating and persuading.
- Good knowledge of the collection process and approach.
- Excellent collaborator and team player
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic and fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects.
- You may have understanding / working knowledge of a collections system (advantageous)
- You should be comfortable skills in Microsoft office.
- You should have working experience within an outbound debt collections environment / outbound sales environment / outbound customer service environment.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Typing test + Online Soft-skills test
- A screening call with the Senior Recruiter – 30 mins
- Technical interview with the hiring manager – 30 mins