FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer, Case Management
Location: Rann, Borno
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Technical Officer, Protection
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance. These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
- The Assistant Technical Officer, Case Worker will provide programmatic and operational support in one of the three field sites.
- Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the case worker will engage clients including appropriate capture of the SGBV survivors’ stories, needs and concerns, and comprehensive communication on available services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct quarterly activity review sessions with beneficiaries to identify what activities are working and what activities need to be improved.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Engage family members of survivors’ and empower them with skills to help survivors’ cope.
- Engage clients to capture stories, needs and concerns, and communicate on available services.
- Facilitate referrals to critical services meeting survivors’ needs.
- Provide individual counseling to survivors’
- Coordinate with a range of actors to ensure that safe and confidential services are made available and access to survivors of GBV and vulnerable individuals.
- Assist in facilitating group PSS activities at safe spaces and in the community.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA/BS in Social Works with 1 to 3 years’ relevant experience in SGBV and PSS with a sound understanding of protection in humanitarian relief settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in social work is desired.
- Familiarity with Nigerian law enforcement systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English & Hausa communications.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Knowledge of SGBV and PSS in crisis situations.
- Experience in social work.
- Knowledge of Nigerian security and law enforcement, in regards to SGBV reporting and response.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.