GE Nigeria is recruiting Graduate Trainee Control Engineers.
Job Title: Trainee – Controls Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Number: 1405896
Business: GE Energy
Career Level: Entry-Level
Trainee Controls Engineer will initially be an understudy to the Resident Controls Engineer. On successful completion of training and further demonstration of acquired Gas Turbine and Process Compressor knowledge and hands on experience, the Trainee Controls Engineer will be considered for a future Resident Controls Engineer position in Bonny or similar CSA site in the region
The Trainee Controls Engineer will support the Resident Controls Engineer in the execution of the Contractual Service Agreement. The Trainee Controls Engineer will perform as an understudy to the Resident Controls Engineer’s day to day responsibilities for the management of all mechanical covered equipment. He will learn and acquire knowledge and hands on experience for the below responsibilities/skill sets but are not limited to:
- Conduct maintenance planning, pre-Outage, Outage and post-Outage planning activities in conjunction with the Customer.
- Assist the Customer with regular reviews of maintenance activities associated with the control aspects of the Covered Units.
- Forward and discuss any controls systems related TIL’s to the Customer; and plan the agreed upon implementation of any recommendations.
- Respond to the Customer’s technical inquiries utilizing GECS and Oil & Gas technical support services.
- Provide information regarding the latest advancement in CM&U opportunities to the Customer and assist with implementation of any recommendations.
- Work with the Customer’s Site teams to develop maintenance schedules associated with the control systems, which optimize Covered Unit reliability and availability.
- Maintain a documented history of all control system changes or modifications for the Covered Units.
- Support the Customer’s operation & maintenance staff with diagnosing and resolving maintenance or operational problems on the Covered Units.
- Take lead in diagnosis and resolving control problems which cause or may potentially cause negative impacts on LNG production.
- Provide on-the-job training of Customer’s operation & maintenance staff.
- Degree in Controls Engineering or Equivalent.
- Minimum 1-2 years GE (or equivalent) Technical Experience as Field Service Engineer or Technical Advisor is preferred.
- Also fresh graduates with outstanding academic credentials will be considered
- Prior knowledge and hands on experience of GE 6B and 7EA Gas Turbine, Generators and Process Application Axial/Centrifugal Compressors will be an added advantage.
- Good communication skill is essential
- Should be able to work effectively internally and externally
- Ability to learn and train/teach internal and external customers
- Confidence / assertiveness with strong influencing skills to generate extra work growth opportunities. Adaptable/flexible: open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or ambiguous situations.
Continuous improvement mind set, Lean outage excellence. Sixsigma Greenbelt certified
Method of Application
Click here to apply online