GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it’s The Way We Work.
We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability.
We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
GE Oil & Gas is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Sourcing Specialist
Job Number: 1973995
Location: Onne, Nigeria
The role is to manage Sourcing activities required for assigned commodities/projects by working closely with internal stakeholders and suppliers. There will be challenges on supplier capacity and lead times that will need proactive management.
- Support costing activities in the tender stage and follow through in the execution phase.
- Coordinate, manage and issue required Requests for Quotation (RFQ) and Purchase Orders (PO) for assigned commodity/project.
- Collaborate to achieve best price, with the right quality, on time, for all PO’s
- Negotiate savings based on budgetary input and/or departmental goals
- Ensure issues related to supplier fulfillment are managed proactively not only for own commodity but also including assigned team members.
- Develop profile for supplier capability/capacity, by commodity, to establish sourcing strategies for maximum leverage.
- Facilitate and/or lead supplier manufacturability discussions with the appropriate stakeholders (suppliers, GE- engineering, projects, sourcing quality, and quality assurance)
- Collaborate with requesting departments to resolve problems relating to requirements, deviations, substitutions, priorities, delays, damages, inferior quality or other conditions that deviate from established procedures.
- Maintain current market knowledge and changing material conditions and advise management of current trends in prices and purchasing availability.
- Drive sourcing initiatives on savings, supplier performance and supplier base rationalization
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Business or Technical discipline preferred) with 4 years experience related to Sourcing, Logistics and Projects
- Knowledge of AS400, ePims and SIMON systems is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter and team-builder.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, with sound judgment and a diplomatic attitude
- Highly motivated team member
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested candidates should
Click here to apply