GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Engineering Training Program (GETP), Services
Ref Id: 3124430
Location(s): Lagos, Abuja, Port-Harcourt
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Healthcare Global Services
- GE Africa’s Graduate Engineering Technical Program (GETP) is a 24-month leadership program designed to give recent university/college graduates challenging work assignments, training and development, and exposure to leadership.
- The program combines hands on experience with formal classroom training to equip participants with the tools and knowledge to become leaders in GE.
- GETP is open to recent university/college graduates in Engineering. As a GETP, you will be going through an intensive training and on-the-job learning throughout the program.
- The GE Healthcare GETP Field Services Engineer Role is responsible for developing and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships with customer representatives, ensuring Customer Satisfaction and maintaining all equipment models specific to a modality or modalities in the assigned area. GE Healthcare has products and solutions in Patient care, Medical diagnostics and Imaging.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Technical: Maintains all models specific to a modality in the assigned area including but not limited to Life Care Systems, Ultrasounds Systems, X-ray, CT, MR, MI etc.
- Electronic/Mechanical: Total system level trouble-shooting on complex multi-symptom problems
- Customer satisfaction: Daily interface with doctors and technicians on equipment status issues. Acts to ensure satisfaction to primary customers.
- LCT: Assists in Account Sales visits; identify Sales opportunities and communicate to account management teams
- Business growth: Assists in the growth and direction of business in his/her geographic area
- Productivity: Responsible for Warranty and PMS contract cost control
- Administration: Responsibly completes all administration tasks on time. Ensures timely completion of FMIs and PMS inspections documentation for assigned accounts.
- Installation: Plays a leading role in complex and multi-functional rooms. Shares best practices. Maintain effective quality systems and programs compliant with ISO 9001 standard, according to the GE Service Quality Policy Statement.
- B.Sc Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical or Biomedical Engineering/ or equivalent knowledge or experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Job Function: Business Management
Business Segment: Global Growth Organization Africa
- GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
- As a key member of the GE Africa team, this position will provide efficient and effective administration service/support to assigned GE Africa leaders in Nigeria and coordinate VIP Country Travel.
- In addition, this role will support as office administrator for the Nigerian office and perform other duties/special projects as assigned.
Executive Administrative Support – In this role, responsibilities include:
- Act as first point of contact for those approaching the GE Executives, responding to and re-directing incoming enquiries as appropriate.
- Support senior executive staff in scheduling of calendars, managing diaries and events etc.
- Gather market intelligence and preparing reports
- Manage facilities in Nigeria office and provide office management support.
- Handle information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
- Planning, execution, and finalization of projects according to strict deadlines. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Facilities Management and Commercial Events Coordination.
VIP Region Travel Coordination
- Manage protocol and coordinate the region itinerary for visiting GE Officers and VIPs to SSA region
- Liaise with relevant global executive assistants, security, corporate travel and GE staff
- Ensure compliance with GE guidelines on government protocols
- A University Degree in Management, Business Administration or Social Sciences
- Proven experience in dealing at Senior Executives level within a multinational
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, with at least 3 year in supporting Executives
- 3+ years with GE or similar multinational supporting Officers and Senior Executives international travel
- Excellent calendar management skills, travel management, including the coordination of complex executive meetings across multiple geographies
- Team player, inclusive and ability to build relationships
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment at a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Outstanding presentation, attention to details, organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, clear thinker with a high degree of creativity and resourcefulness with experience working in developing markets
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite
- Excellent project management skills, good business acumen and attitude in order to support Executive and team in high growth markets
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Prior work experience in Africa a strong plus. Must possess a valid permit to work in Nigeria
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Ability to consistently produce high quality work with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to work flexible working hours – Demonstrated ability to balance workload under short deadlines and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make independent decisions with minimal oversight … a self-starter and an ability to think ahead and plan for all scenarios.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Job Title: Finance Internship Programme
Ref No: 3122552
Job Function: Finance
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Turbomachinery Process Solutions
- BHGE Nigeria is offering is an internship/co-op program designed to give fresh graduates challenging work assignments, developmental feedback, and exposure to leadership
- The duration of our internship program spans a period of 12 months, and combines hands-on experience with formal performance feedback to help participants transition from a collegial environment to the workplace.
Integral part of the BHGE TPS Finance team:
- Identify & drive simplification projects for base cost and FSE cost before the end of the program
- Support in driving team initiatives and simplification activities as required
- Create a tracker to enable the finance team and project managers reconcile every quarter
- Train FSEs on proper cost allocation
Field Service Engineer Finance Support:
- Assign FSE Cost to accurate projects
- Bill out cost of FSEs that worked outside their legal entity
- Provide total FSE cost for SSA every quarter
- Assist in the provision of Quarterly estimates of FSE SSA cost
Base Cost Management:
- Perform Monthly GL review for all TPS SSA entities with particular attention to base cost and indirect cost
- Monthly tracking of entries into base cost and reclassing of all erroneous entries
- Prepare quarterly estimates for TPS SSA base cost and provide monthly update on its comparison with the actual numbers IBS and CFOA Monitor incoming IBS entries to all TPS SSA ledgers and make sure they are billed to the accurate location
- Provide quarterly estimates of net cash flow for TPS Nigeria Provide actual TPS net cash flow every quarter
- Bachelor’s Degree in Banking & Finance, Accounting, Economics or any other related discipline/ or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Valid NYSC Call Up Letter/Posting Letter.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Job Title: Contract Manager – OTR
Ref Id: 3083915
Location(s): Angola, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa; Ghana, Angola, Cote D’Ivoire, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa
Job Function: Legal
Business Segment: Power Steam Power
- The Contract Manager working under the operational direction of the Legal & Contract Management EU&A function has responsibility for assisting the Project teams on contractual and commercial matters relating to the administration and execution of projects in SSA and of the various contractual relationships related thereto including towards the customer, consortium or collaborative partners and vendors and may be requested to support tendering activities and contract negotiations.
During OTR Phase:
- Support the project execution start-up, including provision of a contract analysis to the project team and preparation of the Project Commercial Execution Plan.
- Supporting the analysis and identification of project risks and opportunities including any potential impediments to, or possibilities to improve cash flow wherever possible.
- Managing contractual and commercial procedures such as change orders and variations, as well as claims to customers, consortium partners, subcontractors and suppliers and the co-ordination of the defence to any claims from such parties for the SSA Projects
- Managing relevant procedures relating to Project Insurances, including the compilation of data and evidence in support of the submission, monitoring and settlement of insurance claims in accordance with the Project insurance policies.
- Providing guidance and support to the Project team on general contractual issues and where necessary referring to specialist functions such as legal, corporate insurance, tax, finance etc.
- Providing guidance, leadership and support to the Project team in the negotiation of claims settlements with customers, suppliers and consortium partners and providing support as required to the project and legal teams in the event of actual or potential arbitral or litigation proceedings.
- Undertaking any other contractual/commercial tasks as instructed / requested by Project Manager/Director and / or Legal and Contract Management.
- Guide and/or supervise Lead Specialist and Specialist Contract Management professionals working on the Project team as may be required
- Help the continued development of the Contract Management discipline by leading and participating in broader initiatives across the function
- Responsibility for management and administration of assigned project contractual activities from Hand Over from ITO until all relevant contractual obligations are complete and all relevant contractual issues are resolved / settled.
- Identification of customer / consortium partner and any third party obligations and the implementation of the Project Commercial Execution Plan and Contract Commercial Plan, including the Project claim management strategy for the concerned projects.
- Ensuring that project filing systems, risk, events and claim registers are established, that contemporaneous records are correctly maintained and that contractual notifications and correspondence is issued correctly and on time.
- Working with Project planners / schedulers to ensure that the main contract schedule/programme correctly reflects and cross references contract and project terminology and that subcontract schedules/programmes are maintained.
During ITO Phase when required in cooperation with legal:
- Support ITO effort in finalising negotiations prior to contract signature
- Advise the ITO negotiating teams on “the best approach as to how to deal with such risks including lessons learned” from previous or similar projects.
- Technical or legal background with extensive experience in contract administration in project execution (preferably EPC projects)
- People management and development capability.
- Resilient and full conversable with site issues, managing site people and anticipated site needs.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
- Strong knowledge in FIDIC and NEC contracts is a plus
- Experienced on SSA regional dynamics and industry practice
- Highly ethical and strong mentoring skills on compliance matters
- Site experience preferably on Power EPC or Oil & Gas
- Financial assertiveness.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Language skills: English minimum, French or Portuguese being a plus.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply