BAKER HUGHES operates in over 90 countries including Nigeria, serving independent, international and national oil companies. Baker Hughes service network is organized into 23 geomarkets operating in 9 regions and 2 hemispheres. in Nigeria, Baker Hughes is leading provider of high-performance technology that creates value from oil and gas reservoirs.
Baker Hughes recruits young and talented individuals for their FIELD ENGINEERS GRADUATE PROGRAM 2010 to be based in Portharcourt Nigeria
Field Engineers work on delivering frontline technical services and solutions to our customers across any one of Baker Hughes’ drilling, evaluation, completion and production technologies. From fulfilling engineering and sales support roles, to performing and leading land and sea well-site operations, the job is physically and mentally demanding. While challenging, it provides the foundational stages of a career within the company, and builds the necessary knowledge, business, and leadership skills to positions of increasing responsibility within the company in operational, engineering or business support functions.
Year 1 Responsibilities:
You enter as a Field Engineer I focused primarily on core safety and field operational skills and you will develop a limited scope of technical product and service skills. Further you will participate in a mentorship program to ensure you have a comprehensive, holistic learning experience and ultimately enable you to support and mentor less experienced staff.
The first year of the Engineer Development Program typically consists of:
- Orientation that combines company-level and specific service line level instructor-led activities:
– Base location orientation & training, including (where applicable) fire fighting training, offshore survival training and emergency response
– The company-level Engineer Development Program 1
– A multiple-week service line specific Core Training Academy
- Significant field exposure and structured on-the-job training and e-learning. For example, you will spend extended periods of time in the field observing and assisting in field service jobs, such as:
– Assembling down-hole equipment at base location prior to being dispatched to well-site. Down-hole equipment may be a combination of electrically, mechanically, or hydraulically activated and operated specialized equipment deployed in to a well.
– Deploying down-hole equipment under supervision at the well-site
– Design well-site interventions under supervision using proprietary well-site simulation software packages
– Analyzing rig-site product utilization & performance data and determining & recommending changes of basic product down-hole assembly configurations
– Assisting sales representatives in business development activities including presenting to clients under supervision
– Performing warehousing and logistical activities (e.g. blending chemicals to required specifications for bulk transfer to well-site)
– Setting up and removing equipment at the well-site
– Authoring and producing post-job evaluation reports for clients
To gain promotion to a Field Engineer II role you are expected to have completed the following:
- Met or exceeded the business and development goals established during the performance management process
- Met all technical training requirements
- Met proficiency requirements for assigned technical, leadership, behavioral, and business skills
- Formal Field Review.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an Engineering, Science, or Applied Science discipline
Authorisation to work in country of application
Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Willingness to relocate
Key Behavioral Factors:
High energy, self-motivated individuals
Creativity & initiative
Leadership & decision making
Control of Quality
Analytical, problem solver
Ability to prioritize and manage ambiguity
Click here to apply directly to Baker Hughes :select Nigeria as country and click search