Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners Limited – Our client, a top tier Commercial Bank, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Management Officer
- Our client requires the service of a highly skilled PMO with Fin-tech experience to join a dynamic team.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for building and leading the Project Management Office (PMO) to the highest governance standards in line with the organization’s strategic focus, overseeing project management staff and providing guidance on PMO processes and policies.
- This individual will manage the day-to-day activities of the PMO.
- Lead the implementation and management of program and project governance frameworks and development of appropriate reporting tools which deliver value.
- Review programs and project for deliverability including adequate resourcing.
- Ensures all governance reporting is accurate and timely, with appropriate updates on projects timeframes, budgets, scope, and benefits.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Provide metrics to evaluate project managers and other related staffs of their projects.
- Provide oversight on project resourcing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head, Program Delivery.
- Participate in an all IT Planning and Policy development efforts.
- Facilitate the resolutions f any issues encountered.
- Oversees the production of periodic project report for senior management.
- Provide supportive leadership, motivating, and directing staffs as they work.
- Influence internal stakeholders to achieve the desired outcome, including process improvement of the PMO.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.Sc in STEM
- Minimum of 10 years’ working experience as a project manager, preferably in financial institution.
- Experience with iterative development project delivery.
- Competency in project management tools
- Relevant professional qualifications and master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Certification include: Professional Scrum Master, Professional Product Owner, Program Management Professional (PGPM), Management, Project Management Professional PMP, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP).
Skills / Competencies:
- Proven experience as a PMO manager or other management position.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods.
- Good understanding of financial services industry and need for periodically embarking on IT enabled business change projects.
- Working knowledge of contract management.
- Risk management experience in project management.
- Sound understanding of project management practices.
- Adequate knowledge of package implementation of integrated systems.
- Strong knowledge and use of project management methodologies and its implementation.
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Good understanding of Agile methodology.
- Excellent organization and coordination skills.
- High level of accountability.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Detailed oriented with problem solving.
- Good leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good oral & written communication skills.
- Strong resource management experience.
- Good mentorship skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume in MS Word or PDF format to: [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] and [email protected] using the Job Title as the subejct of the mail.
Application Deadline: 18th October, 2021.