Havana Specialist Hospital is a foremost Nigerian private hospital where multidisciplinary medicine is practiced at the highest level. Since her inception in the year 1983 Havana Specialist Hospital has continued to be a pace setter in medical service delivery in Lagos and Nigeria at large.
To this effect, Havana has since grown to become one of the best hospitals in Nigeria and has been acknowledged by several awards and prestigious recognition. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Overall Job Purpose
- The Medical Laboratory Scientist is responsible for the timely, effective and efficient carrying outchemical, hematological, histopathological, pathological, and microbiological diagnostic analyses on body fluids such as blood, urine, sputum, stool, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), peritoneal fluid, pericardial fluid, and synovial fluid, as well as other specimens.
The successful candidate shall be responsible for the following duties but not limited to:
- Examining and identifying bacteria and other microorganisms causing disease as well as preparing specimens and analyzing the chemical and hormonal contents of body fluids.
- Monitoring the effects of medication by testing how a patient is responding to treatment and relaying relevant results to relevant medical staff, who uses the information to diagnose and treat the patient’s illness.
- Analyzing chemical reactions to determine concentrations of compounds such as blood glucose and cholesterol levels as well as identifying blood groups and cross matching blood for transfusions.
- Preparing quality regent for the laboratory.
- Maintaining a safe working environment for staff and patients.
- Work experience: At least 2-3 years hands-on working experience with good knowledge of laboratory services
- Must have completed the required professional training and qualifications for their disciplinefrom recognized institutions.
- Must be registered with the Medical Laboratory Science council of Nigeria and have a current practising license.
- Education requirements: a Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Medical Laboratory Science or its equivalent.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 21st December, 2020.