The Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF) is a not-for-profit foundation incorporated in 2013 with a mission to improve the quality of decision making and execution in the health sector through a focus on results at scale, providing analytical support, driving innovation, and substantive engagement with key stakeholders.
HSDF is a platform for the implementation of effective ideas and innovative solutions and strives to address complex health systems and developmental challenges through a focus on evidence, rigor and continuous improvement whether in line with or diverging from the status quo. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior HR Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Senior HR Officer will support the team in effectively executing HR and organizational policies and procedures.
- S/he will support in delivering HR best practices across the organization, managing the full employee life cycle and the day-to-day oversight of the human resources function.
- S/he must be a business professional and would be responsible for a diverse set of human resources and operational tasks which must be performed with decisiveness and accuracy for effective business performance.
- Supports in developing and executing human resource strategies covering selection, placement, learning, career and performance management, rewards, benefits, incentives and employee relations.
- Ensures the availability of up-to-date HR information to enhance employee performance and guide working practices.
- Contributes to and supports effective communication and change management exercises organization-wide.
- Works with Team Leads in determining staffing requirements whilst liaising with HR Manager to meet recruitment needs; manages recruitment, onboarding and confirmation of new employees, including training.
- Contributes to long-term operational excellence; coordinates performance appraisals, conducts and resolves employee grievances; provides answers on matters related to the overall HR function, business structure and growth.
- Ensures timely administration and documentation of employee benefits.
- Prepares periodic HR reports and ensures up-to-date documentation of all HR files and reports.
- Manages vendors and all contractors with utmost professionalism and integrity.
- Schedules HR expenditures, analyzes variances and initiates corrective actions.
- Identifies development needs; plan and execute effective learning and development strategies.
- Oversees adequate management of employee relations issues.
- Builds and maintains relationships with vendors and other service providers.
- Takes up projects and other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- The requirements listed below are representatives of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources or another relevant field, from a recognized Institution. Professional membership will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of hands-on HR experience is required. Experience in working in a similar position and a reputable organization is desired.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Exceptional organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail, time management, within budget and high-quality standards.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite – Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Experience working with SAP HRIS is desired.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Is flexible and adaptable to changing workloads.
- Strong problem-solving skills and project management ability.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to monitor own work performance and performance of others.
- Should be a strong decision-maker
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 11th December, 2020.