GE is a diversified technology; media and financial services company dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and plastics, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300 000 people worldwide
GE Nigeria seeks to recruit HR Operations Leader. job ref number: 1053612
Job location: Ikoyi – Lagos Nigeria
GE is expanding in the region and we are now inviting applications from suitably qualified professionals in HR to join our team in Middle East & Africa. These positions will be recruited in the next 6 – 12 months.
The Role is required to driving operational excellence and Provide Human Resource support for GE businesses, especially focusing on local compliance & practices.
- Lead the HR Operations team who provide HR Administration support for GE Businesses
- Advise GE businesses on boarding, off boarding, benefits, immigration, local labour compliance and practices.
- Provide Human Resource support for GE businesses especially focusing on local compliance & practices.
- Provide consulting services to the GE businesses on Compensation & Benefits Management, including Market Benchmarks, Salary surveys & assessments & benefits management.
- Lead key local HR processes for client groups from employee entry to exit, including :
Review & maintenance of 100% compliant local HR policies & procedures,
Assessment & improvement of HR related document retention standards & practices,
Digitization of common templates,
Payroll system update 5.Employees personal records update, etc.
- Team with global/regional HR counterparts to provide seamless support to the global organizations
- Play a lead role in recruiting, interviewing, and selection + University relations
- B.S./B.A. Degree in related fields or equivalent experience.
- Substantial proven performance in an HR generalist role.
- Knowledge & expertise on South Africa Labor Law & prevailing HR practices
- Demonstrated ability to interact and consult effectively with business leaders and employees. Well – developed interviewing and assessment skills.
- Outstanding communication, teaming and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English desired
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience
- Solid communication, organization and documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal/teamwork skills.
- Flexibility, with a positive attitude to change
- Proactive and able to influence others
- Highly organised and able to take ownership
- Wanting to work in a dynamic environment
Apply directly on GE website