ActionAid was founded in 1972 as Action in Distress. It also commenced operations on the continent of Africa in 1972 and in Nigeria since 1999. ActionAid is an international Non- governmental organisation registered in the Netherlands with headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa, Asia, Europe, Australia and the Americans 22 of these country programmes, affiliates or associates are in Africa and are been led to by Africans.
To effectively remain proactive and consolidate on the new strategy, AAN is inviting applications from suitable and qualified candidates to fill the position of Human Resource & Organization Development Manager. (HROD)
This position is for Abuja Office in Nigeria
Reporting to: Country Director
Line Management: Communications Advisor, IT Advisor, Facility Mgt. Advisor, HR/OD Officer & Front Desk Officer
- A member of the Senior Management team (core management at ActionAid Nigeria) responsible for coordinating Admin (and stores), Logistics, IT, Communications, Organisational Development & Human Resources at the organisation.
- Develop and implement Human Resources policies, procedures and systems that maximise the contribution of individuals and teams in the achievement of Country Program strategy, plans and priorities. This will include development and implementation of efficient and cost effective administrative systems.
- Ensure sustained Organisational Effectiveness by developing and implementing interventions in Country Programme (CP) human processes, structures and systems in response to changing organisational contexts, strategies and priorities. The objective is to ensure effective, harmonious and interdependent functioning of themes, functions and programs within the CP. This will extend to external interactions with key stake holders such as ActionAid International (AAI) International Secretariat, Regional Office, other ActionAid CPs/Offices, partners, consultants.
- First degree and masters in social sciences, Arts or Humanities is essential.
- Specialisation in Human Resources Management is desirable.
- At least 15 years minimum working experiences essential.
- At least 7 years HR/OD experience at senior management position, in a large organisation with experience in Human Resource Planning, recruitment, design and implementation of progressive HR strategies, systems, procedures and practices is essential.
- Understanding of gender issues in development and demonstrable commitment to promoting gender equity within the organisation is desirable.
- HR/OD experience in an international NGO is desirable.
Skills / Abilities
- Excellent management & leadership skills is essential.Excellent conceptual, analytical, documentation and presentation skills are essential.
- Excellent skills in facilitation and capacity building for inter- linkages amongst staffs, partners & stakeholders are essential.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills are essential.
- Ability to think strategically with strong analytical/ problem solving skills is essential.
- Excellent financial skills are desirable.
- Membership of related professional institutions is an added advantage.
- Demonstrate commitment to supportive team working.
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Effective IT skills.
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Written and oral communications skills.
All interested candidates should fill in the application form as accessed from the application pack from our website. The application pack contains the vacancy announcement, job description and application form. Only electronically completed forms will be entertained and should be mailed to [email protected].
Your completed application form should be returned to the email address [email protected] and should arrive no later than the stated closing date. We are unable to consider late applications. Only applicants who are short -listed will be contacted.
Please inform us if at any stage after submission of your form you decide not to proceed with your application.
Deadline is 5th September 2009, interview date will be communicated to shortlisted candidates
Click here for more details, also download Application form.