Initiative for Improved Humanity Foundation (IHF) responds to humanitarian crises, helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 2021, but duly registered with CAC 2023, IHF was borne out of the burden to improve lives of the downtrodden; especially women and children who are usually the most vulnerable in the society, and to impact on humanity in general. IHF offers lifesaving cares and also life changing assistance to the less-privileged in the society. With interventions in over 40 communities in Abuja and with plans on expanding her humanitarian works to other states in Nigeria and globally. IHF restores sense of dignity and spark ray of hope to millions who are despondent. IHF advances the way from harm to home. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Location: Life Camp, Abuja
Employment Type: Contract
- Will serve as IHF attorney and legal adviser
- On behalf of IHF take up human right cases reported to IHF, address and act on the cases (or rights) on behalf of IHF for such individuals or group.
- Presenting public awareness in IHF human rights literacy initiatives.
- Dissuading prospective perpetrators from engaging in elicit undertakings.
- Will not be a full-time staff of IHF, but will always be available when legal services are needed.
- Will be to IHF office at least 3 times in a week.
- Would be working to defend and advocate for victims of human rights violations reported to IHF in addition to ensuring the protection of the rights and equality of every member of staff of IHF.
- Would seek the promotion and protection of civil and political rights as well as the promotion, protection and realization of economic, social and cultural rights of victims seeking IHF intervention.
- Would be in charge of gathering data of victims whose human rights have been violated that have sought IHF assistance for redress.
- Will be reviewing cases alongside legal experts for IHF victims.
- Minimum of an LL.B.
- At least 3 years’ experience in legal profession, especially in human rights cases in civil law
- Demonstrated Managerial/Leadership Competencies
- Astute legal prowess and sagacity
- Demonstrate leadership and communication skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle a large and dynamic workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to the ‘Human Resources Unit’ via: [email protected] using their Full names and the Job Title as the subject of the mail.