Kingstar Institute of Management Science and Technology is a complete ICT, Telecom, and educational consultancy services firm. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Porto Novo
Employment Type: Full-time
Financial Planning/Control and Management Reporting:
- Ensure that the Finance function offers a high quality and accessible service which is prompt, courteous, accurate and complete.
- To provide the Bursar with appropriate financial information, advice and assistance to support the decision-making process
- Maintain the School’s accounting records, fees ledger, creditors ledger and nominal ledger accurately and in accordance with agreed timescales and procedures.
- In conjunction with the Bursar prepare annual budgets and termly forecasts, monitoring performance and reporting budget progress to budget holders.
- Prepare full year forecast and termly management accounts including variance reports.
- Attend termly Finance & General Purposes committee and other Governor meetings as required and deliver written reports.
- In conjunction with the Bursar, control the treasury management function in order to ensure the most efficient and secure deployment of the School’s cash and minimise banking and interest charges.
- In conjunction with the Bursar, advise on current and future financial issues and projects including feasibility appraisals, preparation of business cases and funding options. Pay Roll & Pension
- Candidates should possess an OND, HND, B.Sc Degree with 2-5 years experience.
- Sound knowledge of accounting standards.
- Maintain strict confidentiality where appropriate.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a clear focus on customer service. Desirable competencies:
- Previous experience of working within School Finance, the Charitable Sector, or Not for Profit organizations.
- Understanding of the Independent School sector.
- Excellent Microsoft skills – Excel, Word and Outlook essential.
- Confident in using Information Management Systems and able to learn new systems and processes quickly.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
N30,000 – N50,000 / Month.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline: 4th July, 2023.