The Learning Nuggets Company – We deliver operational efficiency improvement services and learning solutions for private and public sector organisations across Africa. We support clients to deliver high quality learning programmes that will help them recruit, retain and develop new talent, manage their organisational learning strategies and enable them to keep abreast of competitors with JIT learning. We provide learning management environments customise to the client’s needs and a range of compelling international partner content. We also support customers in the strategy, design, customisation/localisation processes to enable them to build their own portfolio of high quality multimedia learning content.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Director
About the Role
- This is a fantastic opportunity to strengthen the market position of The Learning Nuggets Company by converting pipeline opportunities into winning bids to secure new business consistent with our strategic goals and in line with company practices
- Ensure consistency across the bid in style, format and language.
- Develop innovative ways to convey the ‘pitch’ to our clients.
- Research, monitor and report on market/competitor activity within the L&D and Optimising Operational Efficiencies arena.
- To achieve marketing targets to agreed KPI leading to income growth from new business by engaging in appropriate activities across the entire sales cycle, this includes but is not limited to:
- Manage the bid processes and write proposals to the highest standards and to tight deadlines.
- Manage and coordinate the assigned bid team to maximise their output and drive continuous development.
- Become and remain an expert on the solutions provided by The Learning Nuggets Company.
- Challenge and shape the solutions to ensure proposals are competitive and meet client requirements.
What You Will Do
- Generate new business opportunities, developing a sales pipeline from a defined target list and close business in line with business plan and agreed targets.
- Manage client reviews ensuring we develop and maintain an understanding of the client structure, objectives and supply chain to enable us to continue to deliver an exceptional service.
- Lead the bid proces by coordinating the LNC team to respond to bid requirements and request for proposals.
- Take an active role in the bidding process including writing, reviewing and challenging responses.
- Attend and present at events such as seminars and exhibitions as required
- Work in collaboration with Sales Team members and Account Managers to close business in line with business plan and agreed targets.
- Establish and develop long-term, trust relationships at a senior level
- University degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years post university experience with the last 4 years in a similar role
- International work/education experience a bonus
- Knowledge of best practice bid management tools/methodologies
- Knowledge of Learning & Development or related industry
- Ideally, knowledge of current trends and best practices in the outsourced learning sector including tools and technology platforms
- Evidence of successful achievements in managing bids
- Experience of working with multi-layered (matrix) sales/implementations/operations teams on the bid process
- Previous experience in a similar function especially within the learning arena, management consultancy or telecommunications arena.
- Experience in working on international sales / bid opportunities an advantage.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office (Word/PowerPoint/Excel), SharePoint (optional) and other bid/proposal related tools
- Strong business English, written and oral communications skills
- Business French a bonus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to analyse complex client needs and determine a suitable response
- Positive, professional, with ability to thrive in high-pressure situations and environment
- Actively focused on achieving results and objectives and willing to be accountable
- Build and maintain relationships with appropriate networks of people
- Exceptional project management skills get-it-done attitude
What’s in it For You
- At LNC, training and development are central to the way we work.
- You will be required to engage in continuous learning (directed and self-directed) as part of your personal development goals.
- We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately.
- As well as a basic salary we also give you 25 day’s holiday, attractive commission scheme based on meeting targets, winning-by-sharing employee share scheme. We are constantly working on relevant incentives to bring new options to our employees. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Note: LNC operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications that meet the criteria regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, political opinions etc.
Application Deadline: 31st October, 2017.