Lefort Consulting Limited – Our client in the Agricultural and Export sector is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Employment Type: Full-time
Report to: Management
- Prepare Internal audit plan and provide oversight and direction in the execution and reporting of internal audit engagements and projects within established timelines and budgets.
- Conduct periodic financial, operational, production, logistics and sales audits and carry out investigations into reported irregularities as required.
- Proactively inform management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, processes, and procedures for all departments in the organisation.
- Review all payments to ensure they are in line with approved budgets and laid down policies.
- Conduct periodic inventory checks at the different locations in Shagamu, Kano and Jigawa and report identified irregularities or risks.
- Monitor the annual organic farming on the Refem farm from planting to harvesting and report any identified risks or mismanagement.
- Conduct regular spot checks on petty cash management and balances.
- Conduct regular checks on accuracy and completeness of financial records.
- Ensure procurement comply with approved budgets and procedures.
- Conduct periodic audit on receivables, payables, and transactions from all bank accounts.
- Conduct periodic system audit on the company’s ERP.
- Ensure all cash advances are retired as at when due.
- Monitor all remittances to authorities and report any default to management.
- Conduct periodic fixed assets verifications and monitor usage and management of the company’s assets.
- Conduct investigations on reported cases of fraud and misconduct and prepare investigation reports.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled (spot checks) audit visits to all locations and departments.
- Deliver insights that are highly valued, identify root causes and share best practices that lead to business improvement.
- Prepare monthly exception reports and present to Management.
- Flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by management and Board of Directors.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting.
- Must have at least 5 years relevant experience
- Candidate must be 40 and above.
- Must have experience with accounting software and Excel
- Highly Organized with attention to details
- Should be available to work with little or no supervision
- Professional certifications will be an added advantage.
- Financial analysis skills, organizational and stress management skills.
- The candidate must be male and willing to travel.
Pay is very competitive
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter (as a single document) in PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
31st March, 2023.