MacTay Consulting – Our client is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Machine Operator
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Working Hours:8 am- 5 pm (Monday- Saturday)
- Our client is looking for a competent individual who is an expert in using Butchers Machine. The candidate must be good at cutting, trimming, and packaging meat for retail sales.
Meat Machine Operators typically do the following:
- Process meat orders depending on the type and amount.(Lam, beef, or chicken).
- Set and adjust food processing machines to meet the correct speeds for each process.
- Follow company GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) to maintain sanitary conditions.
- Cut, trim and separate edible portions from waste.
- Clean the edible products thoroughly under running water.
- Use knives and choppers to perform cutting and chopping activities.
- Store properly all cut and chopped meats.
- Use scales to weigh meat before and after each process and record their weight.
- Pack cleaned and processed meat into appropriate plastic bag packaging.
- Create or acquire labels for each packet.
- Record all meat types, expiry dates, and weight.
- Ensure preservation processes include pasteurising, salting, drying, freeze-drying, fermenting and smoking.
- Prepare to keep meat free from germs and other health risks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Animal, Meat / Food Science or related field.
- Minimum of two to four years of related work experience in cooked and processed meat product development.
- Candidate must be able to work in a cold environment and lift up to 30lbs.
- Excellent knife skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
N100,000 / Month
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
1st May, 2023.