Mastercard – We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Acceptance Business Development
Ref Id: R-81246
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Business Leader Level
- The role requires the candidate to be a self-starter and be able to function independently using high levels of relationship management skills.
- The role demands capability to operate at a strategic and operational level and work with high levels of empowerment and accountability.
- Direct accountability and responsibility for managing and driving acceptance -traditional and non-traditional – digital in Nigeria, whilst overseeing activities in the rest of West Africa.
- Acceptance Development for Traditional and Non Traditional Acceptance and Partnerships with a focus on Cash Displacement including but not limited to Digital Payment Solutions, Infrastructure and Partnerships in Nigeria.
- Fintech, Merchant, Retailer and Third-Party Payment Facilitator Business Development
- Acquiring Bank Business Development
- Regulatory over sight – in relation to Interchange impact on acceptance.
- The role is an individual contributor role requiring the candidate to be a self-starter and be able to function independently using high levels of relationship management skills. The role demands capability to operate at a strategic and operational level and work with high levels of empowerment and accountability.
- This role will be accountable to delivering all the associated KPIs relating to the MPQR programs identified including but not limited to developing associated partnerships, and relevant use cases that drive transaction growth.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the West Africa management team on the regulatory and economic impacts that affect the acceptance of electronic commerce.
- Go To’ person for Acceptance Development in Nigeria, ensuring alignment between the individual markets ‘go-to-market’ approaches and the overall MEA Acceptance Development strategy, taking into account the region’s longer term strategic initiatives. This individual will be responsible for developing dedicated Acquirer and Merchant, Fintech relationships
- Establish strong relationships with the players in the acceptance value chain and work with new players to provide new models to the market. This individual will enhance merchant/retailer relationships by creating value along the lines of relevant and specific value added solutions. The candidate should be able to quantify the benefits for both parties through an understanding of MasterCard’s P&L and maximizing revenue for all parties through an effective acceptance strategy.
- Construct the annual acceptance plans to achieve business performance on agreed metrics including GAV, Revenue, Acceptance footprint metrics like new merchants, categories, terminals and quality, operational efficiency. West Africa is market is a high focus market for both traditional and non-traditional digital acceptance and hence the role will require working knowledge and understanding of both including digital and innovative products & channels to drive acceptance.
- Own execution to deliver the strategic vision and annual plans for acceptance.
- Be able to influence and drive a set of cross-functional teams. This includes working directly with external stakeholders like acquirers, key merchants, gateways; payment facilitators, Fintech companies and business partners / vendors, Third Party Providers – TPPs
- Engage with internal MasterCard cross functional teams – Network, Customer delivery, Emerging payments, Account management, Corporate product & sales, Country teams – to progress the acceptance agenda
- Leverage acquirer relationships as extensions of MasterCard to sell MasterCard products and services to enhance stickiness and drive value for MasterCard
- Create opportunities for furthering MC Brand, advocacy of cashless, monitor & track competition.
Additional Roles include:
- Prioritize markets and work streams taking into account financial viability and time to market on projects.
- Project-manage initiatives – from concept through to implementation.
- Analyze business opportunities to increase share and revenue. Implement both short and long term strategies and tactics to increase profitability.
- Implement Acceptance Development solutions that improve revenue generation and enhance mutual profitability.
- Leverage all MasterCard assets and product management resources to deliver exceptional merchant/acquirer value.
- In partnership with regional Acceptance Development resources, contribute to developing MEA-wide business plans, leveraging appropriate market intelligence.
- Interpret and assess available MIS to identify opportunities for innovation.
- Deliver extensive acceptance expertise and knowledge into the market place.
- Guide processing and switching strategy to grow acceptance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply