Max Drive – We are a team of passionate people and a leading technology-enabled company driven by a vision to solve the mobility challenges in Africa. We want to get people and goods to their destinations hitch-free. It is personal for us because we understand the frustration of epileptic transportation. We are making mobility safe, affordable, accessible, and sustainable through the deployment of high-performance technologies and operators. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: EV Technical Lead
Location: Lagos (Hybrid)
Employment Type: Full-time
Category: Electric Vehicles
- This position will lead the Battery Swap Station (BSS) and Energy Infrastructure technical efforts and initiatives of MAX in the Cars & EV space.
- Our ideal candidate will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use initiative, and help build/foster business relationships to unlock the business and supply chain management of Cars and EV that would ensure achievement of revenue goals and targets.
- The incumbent of this role is expected to be highly skilled at sales and business operations.
- The Technical Lead – Infrastructure and Energy Systems will be someone who brings a proven track record in successfully managing technical issues related to planning, development, maintenance of Battery Swap Stations and associated energy systems which could typically include Renewable Energy Systems, grid integration, alternate energy or any other means.
- The ideal person should be someone who has the ability to think beyond the ‘transactional’ and provide ‘big picture’/strategic thinking.
- This person will bring a blend of management, strategic thinking, and technical prowess.
What You’ll Do
- Design, plan and implement BSS and energy infrastructure
- Conduct assessment and generate electrical drawings for all BSS.
- Updating work schedules and performing troubleshooting as required for all electrical installations as related to the swap stations
- Prepare BEME and associate tendering documents for installation of BSS
- Engage with strategic internal & external partners to gain a thorough understanding of the business & promote the growth of the MAX Cars & EV pillar
- Review electrical specification and lead technical related matters including efficient running of BSS
- Provide feedback on emerging trends on BSS innovative design and technology and new product development needs to segment team
- Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team.
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard.
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible.
- Analyzing existing operations and scheduling training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
- Motivating staff and creating a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns.
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes.
- Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- 7 years’ experience in power and energy sector or similar role required
- Good knowledge of renewable energy system and power infrastructure
- Good knowledge of institutional setups and relevant stakeholders
- Relevant Management certification may be required.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities.
- Willingness to build professional relationships with staff and clients.
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented, ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to travel 30 – 50%.
- Competitive pay & benefits
- Premium Health insurance cover
- Frequent performance chats & reviews and professional development opportunities
- High performing & passionate team members + fun work culture!
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.