Menzon Limited is a professional Outsourcing Company with specialization in Human Capital Management, Training and Planning with key focus emphasizes, engagement of Professionalism in Human Capital Need analysis, Planning, Sourcing, Placement, Management and disengagement/exit with full compliance to GLOBAL STANDARDS. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Operations (Civil Engineering)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Candidate would plan construction projects in a concrete batching plant and oversee their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Candidate will be responsible for budgeting, organization, implementation, and scheduling of the projects.
- Candidates manage overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures.
- Ensure safe and efficient operations. Serve as a company representative on regulatory issues.
- Enhance the operational procedure, systems, and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, enhanced management reporting and looks for opportunities to expand systems.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Develop and implement project execution strategy, ensure the implementation of quality control standards and cost control on project for on time completion.
- Execute daily operations of monitoring the work executed by the engineering team at site and prepare interims and completion project reports.
- Supervise monitor and report Project progress throughout the project cycle to ensure on time completion. lead Project Progress Meetings and coordinate with other departments.
- Manage Cash Flow Requirements for the Projects. Controlled expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Monitor, verify and enforce specification compliance of materials at various stages of project. Manage and control Project Budget.
- Manage material and manpower requirements. Perform preparation of invoices, variance and claims and client follow up.
- Coordinate with clients, consultants, sub-contractors.
- Inspect and observe work in progress to ensure that procedures followed, and materials used conformed to project specifications and quality standards.
- Establish and maintain effective Health and Safety system in place for the Projects strictly adhering to standards and specifications. Assure the company procedures and company policies are always being complied with Company Business Conduct and Ethics Policies.
- Training and development of subordinate employees to improve project performance and enhance individual career development.
- Prepare submittals for materials, Shop Drawings, Time Schedule, and Manpower organization.
- Technical problems.
- Ensured a positive work environment and awareness by all staff at the site of project goals and objectives.
- Conducted site meetings Monitored progress throughout the project cycle
Essential Job Requirements
- B.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or related field
- Applicant must have proven at least 15 years of working experience in construction and Real Estate Management Firm
- Advanced knowledge in concrete batching plant.
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards.
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process.
- Familiarity with construction management software packages.
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”.
- Competent in conflict and crisis management.
- Leadership and human resources management skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should send an email titled “Application for Position of Head of Operations (Civil Engineering) with their CV and Cover letter attached to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 16th December, 2020.
Note: Kindly ensure that your CV is saved with your full name.