Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Intern
Reference Number: ABV/OPS/2018/00007
Dates of Internship: 1st November, 2018
Length of Internship: 11 Months
- For the duration of this internship assignment, the intern will receive a monthly stipend of N57,000.00
- Provision of comprehensive health insurance
- The ICT Intern will be based in Abuja and will work under the direct supervision of the ICT Systems Administrator to support operations process of MC Nigeria
- The successful candidate will undertake ICT systems administration duties working in close collaborations with other operations team members as well as Programs.
At the end of the internship period, the intern should have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and troubleshoot computer network systems.
- Learn to work and support program teams
- Learn to manage and troubleshoot a wireless network
- Understand Mercy Corps processes
- Make purchase enquiries and assist in procuring ICT equipment.
- Prepare Payment requests.
- Conduct self in a professional manner
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Interface with vendors on goods and service deliveries.
- Attend to minor computer/network connectivity issues.
- Perform ICT administrative tasks like inventory documentation, etc.
- Update the computer maintenance log book as needed.
- Ability to develop web applications using PHP and MySQL will be an added advantage
- Ability to use the following Microsoft Productivity tools: Excel, and Word
- Fluency in English Language
- A B.Sc or HND Information and Communication Technology related field is essential
- A demonstrated ability to setup and manage a computer network system
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair basic computer issues
- Mercy Corps interns and volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- The intern will be expected to work 40 hours a week
- The intern will be paid a monthly allowance of N57,000
- Enabling working environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter in one document of not more than four (4) pages long, addressing the position requirements, reference number and location to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 15th October, 2018.
- All applications must include the position title and reference number in the subject line Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
- We are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.